New Exodite Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

New Exodite Army

I'm bored of waiting for a new Necron Codex to come out (my only 40K army at present) and have decided to give Exodites a whirl. Please would people give their opinions on the following starter, based on Saim Hann.

My fluff is that these Exodites landed on a marshy/watery planet and as such have been forced into living in the tree canopy. Over countless years they have captured and trained various indigenous winged animals/beasts to act as transport.

Not so sure about this bit, but here goes. The marshes are home to vicious beasts that the Exodites are slowly harnessing to act as 'heavy support'. They have never truly tamed these beasts (unlike the winged animals).

HQ
    Farseer/Autarch on a jetbike. This will be represented by the Eldar jetbike Autarch riding on the Isle of Blood High Elf Griffin.

Troops
    Guardian jetbikes. These will be represented by (a model yet to be decided) riding on the back of a Wood Elf Warhawk. If people could help here with the model and how to handle the gun part (shuriken catapault/shrieker cannon) it would be appreciated.

You can see that I am going for the fast, mounted army. So I expect that Shining Spears (again riding some form of eagle etc) will be in as well.

For heavy support (more than likely counting as Wraithlords) I was thinking of some suitable beast that lives in the marshes that has a gun platform on the back (I am thinking of Forge World Great Knarlocs).

For foot troops Forge World have the Corsair conversion kit out. The backs of these models do have a certain 'winged' look which would fit my theme.

I have thought about Swooping Hawks, but these are too 'Craftworld' Eldar to look right in an Exodite army.

Anyway, thank you to any/all people who are able to help.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first, cool idea. it would be tough to make it look good (there's a risk eldar guys riding a bird could just look stupid if you're not carefull), but if you pull it off it could look awesome.

how do you imagine your guys riding the warhawks? (standing up/sitting down/is there going to be a saddle thing/another way)

Just an idea-

if there is some kinda saddle or harness thingy, you could mount the guns underneath the warhawk on its stomach. it should look okay if the warhawk is in a flying position. using this, you could do any combination of shuriken catapults/cannons or even different heavy weapons on maybe a larger bird thing to represent a vyper.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...in_445x319.jpg
    (i'm thinking if you position the guns from close to where the flying stand connects to the model it should look proper, like the guns are actually able to shoot something)...

yea soooo is that all you were asking or do you want any army list help too?

anyway, hope this maybe gives you some ideas
    Last edited by eldarkevin; May 2nd, 2011 at 22:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

Thank you for your input.

At present I was not looking for an army list, more comments on the basic idea and peoples ideas on how to model it.

I agree that the bird theme could go horribly wrong. So, any more useful comments about the theme/fluff/models would be great.

The ball is rolling, now to see if it can gather any speed.

+ Reply to Thread