peek-a-boo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: peek-a-boo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peek-a-boo

i was playing a game the other day against a marine army. it was 1250pts. i decided to try out 2groups of 3 lictors cuz they are my favourite model. turn 1 went sweet as for me, taking little damage same with him. then turn 2 came round and i decided to bring in my lil lictors. the most annoying thing about him was the devistator squad with something like 3plasma cannons and a lascannon so i poped em up close and managed to all hit with hooks. to my amazement and his shock i hit 10/12 and 7 were 6s 2 were 4n5 and the last was 2. so i managed to kill his entire devistator team in 1 round which was pretty cool. turn 3 they vanished again. turn 4 he had a rhino filled with marines sitting at an objective waiting till last turn to pop out so i poped up hooked his back armour and managed to score a 6(5cuz of ap-) and wrecked it. they all piled out and in their turn assulted me. to my amazement again i managed to hit all 12 attacks and killed 6outa10 whilst suffering 1 dead from powerfist. they failed their moral and fled,chased em down and riped em apart. then vanished never to be seen again. in all they killed over 300pts worth whilst whilst 1 brood only costed 195(390 for the 6) so in all they did great and now im never leaving them at home. maybe next time ill bring the leaper or another group of them crazy bugs. good times wit the nids.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Sounds like you had a blast! But dont forget- lictors ARE AMAZING but save some elite spots for your hive guards so you can deal with vehicles effectively.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly how were your Lictors vanishing? They are not Deathleapers. Am i missing something here? Yes, flesh hooks can be quite good and Lictors are one of the few squads with frag as well.

Lictors are good but you were lucky. I've played Lictor heavy lists but use on a sole Deathleaper now which can vanish and reappear. The choice is always outflanking stealers or lictors or ravs if you have hive commander to give them outflanking. I generally take 5 Ravs now as with outflank nothing on the board is safe.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by bebe View Post
    The choice is always outflanking... lictors or ravs if you have hive commander to give them outflanking. I generally take 5 Ravs now as with outflank nothing on the board is safe.
    Cant be done. It seems everyone's missing this at the moment, but Hive Commander allows you to outflank one unit of TROOPS. Genestealers could outflank anyway, but lictors and raveners are elite and fast attack respectivly.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

@bebe I didn't think Lictors could 'vanish' either...

@ HVM haha nice pun I don't think it was intended, but as soon as I read 'killed a devastator squad' and then I read 'Sounds like you had a blast', I figured it out! sorry

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Vrrmik View Post
    @ HVM haha nice pun I don't think it was intended, but as soon as I read 'killed a devastator squad' and then I read 'Sounds like you had a blast', I figured it out! sorry
    Yeh I try.....

+ Reply to Thread