Res Orb, Spiders, And We'll Be Back Rolls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's me again, sorry, newbie questions. If this is in another thread, I would love it if someone can point me to it... I apologize in advance... the search for "resurrection orb" only gave me three posts, and none of them answered the question... maybe I'm using it wrong...

We'll Be Back Rules:

1. If my units are destroyed by AP weapons or instant kills, and they are not near an orb or a Tomb Spider, do they get removed from the board immediately or can they lay there if there is an orb or tomb spider in the game and wait for the orb or spider to move within 6 and 12" of them to roll their WBB?

2. If a unit that includes my Lord gets demolished by AP or instant kills, I know the Lord can get WBB at the beginning of next turn if he has an orb, but does the rest of the Necrons in the unit get removed immediately or can they roll a WBB the turn after the Lord gets back up (assuming the Lord gets back up?)

3. If a 2nd unit of Necrons is within 6" of the Lord with the orb, and my opponent destroys the Lord's unit (including the lord), then destroys the 2nd unit all within the same turn, will the 2nd unit get WBB if the lord manages to come back?

4. A spin on #3. If the 2nd unit was killed first (while the Lord is still alive with the orb within 6"), and then the lord gets killed, on the next turn will the 2nd unit get their WBBs or will they be rmoved instantly?

Sorry for the slightly confusing questions, but the Necron codex on the Orb, the Spider, and WBB doesn't really clarify these special cases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kryzak

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmk, check it out

Necrons are ONLY denied their WBB rolls if they are *shot or killed in close combat* with a weapon that is twice their T or if they are killed with *close combat* weapons that ignore their armor saves. These circumstances are overruled if there is a Res Orb within 6".

Now then...

1. They are removed immediately.

2. This is a much disputed point in my circles. Some say yes others say no. I personally say yes, and not just because I am a Necron player, but because it makes sense to me. Although the Lord is downed, the Res Orb is still in play as long as he is on the battlefield (active or not). So, I would wager that the lord and the Necrons could attempt to make WBB's as one must always assess the eligiblity of the casualties at the exact time they were shot down. But who knows, others may disagree.

3. Same as #2

4. Same as #2 and #3

Heh, and you ask good questions, as I am always seeking to hear from more people on these issues, as well. These are rather vague considerations.

Timbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kryzak@Oct 10 2004, 19:12
    It's me again, sorry, newbie questions.* If this is in another thread, I would love it if someone can point me to it... I apologize in advance...* the search for "resurrection orb" only gave me three posts, and none of them answered the question... maybe I'm using it wrong...

We'll Be Back Rules:

1. If my units are destroyed by AP weapons or instant kills, and they are not near an orb or a Tomb Spider, do they get removed from the board immediately or can they lay there if there is an orb or tomb spider in the game and wait for the orb or spider to move within 6 and 12" of them to roll their WBB?*

2. If a unit that includes my Lord gets demolished by AP or instant kills, I know the Lord can get WBB at the beginning of next turn if he has an orb, but does the rest of the Necrons in the unit get removed immediately or can they roll a WBB the turn after the Lord gets back up (assuming the Lord gets back up?)

3. If a 2nd unit of Necrons is within 6" of the Lord with the orb, and my opponent destroys the Lord's unit (including the lord), then destroys the 2nd unit all within the same turn, will the 2nd unit get WBB if the lord manages to come back?*

4.* A spin on #3.* If the 2nd unit was killed first (while the Lord is still alive with the orb within 6"), and then the lord gets killed, on the next turn will the 2nd unit get their WBBs or will they be rmoved instantly?

Sorry for the slightly confusing questions, but the Necron codex on the Orb, the Spider, and WBB doesn't really clarify these special cases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kryzak
    [snapback]227349[/snapback]
    1. Necrons (a unit whith the Necron Special rule) can get up from ranged weapons that don't alow them an armour save. You'er also reading the Tomb Spyder rule wrong. The rule is, if a unit is whiped out (there are no more models in the sqd standing) and there is no unit of the same type whithin 6", but theres a Tomb Spyder (and another unit of) they can get bacl up. It is not a res orb, at all. And now for the part of the qestion that actualy made sense (jk). If there is no res orb whithin 6" and a necron gets killed by a power weapon or a weapon double the T of the necron he is removed on the spot. He will get no WWB role, not being mean or anything but the necron codex says this very clearly. It does not say, if you have a res orb do not remove any models from the board at all, does it?

2. the codex does not say that they can not get back up from weapons whith ap, this would mean that they would not get a WWB from a bolter... Or a hell gun... Other than that, a good qeustion The res orb alows you to get back up from a power weapon or a weapon double the T, that is it. So if theres no unit of the same type whithin 6" they die. The lord would be the only modle that could get up.

3. No WWB rule would be alowed.

4. Refer to 3.

Timbo, I agree whith you on #2 I e-mailed gw about this a few days ago so maybe they'll e-mail me back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies. If anyone hears anything from GW, please post them here since it seems to be much disputed question (about Lord falling down with the orb, does it still work for armys within 6"?)

It seems that #3 and 4 have different answers already in this group...

Thanks again for helping out!
    Bernie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, I misread your #3. They would not get a WBB roll in that scenario. My bad.

Timbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Timbo =)

Just to clarify, you believe that even if a lord falls, the res orb is still in effect until the lord fails his WBB roll and gets removed. Is that correct?

I emailed GW and hopefully they can also give me an answer sometime... =)

I'll post it here if I see it.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With #2 it depends on how you play out how they go down. For example if you have 5 warriors and a lord w/res orb together and the warriors are all taken down by lascannon shots and then your lord gets instakilled by a demolisher cannon they would all get their WBB rolls (as long as there are more warriors in 6" or a tomb spyder). If you have the same squad and they are all under the template of the demolisher cannon and the attacker wants to resolve the lord first and he kills him then your warriors will not get the chance for a wbb since as soon as he goes down the ress orb no longer works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in agreement with Havok. The model on it's side (the downed lord) is not actually there. It counts as garbage, and is merely there as areminder. Thus, if your lord with the orb is killed, until it get's back up, the orb is inactive and you no longer have your Lord. So if a Lord is killed before a warrior within 6" of it is completely blasted by a S8+ weapon, no WBB roll.

1) as has been said, it is a CLOSECOMBAT weapon that IGNORES the save. Not PIERCED or even RANGED. So, a S6 AP 1 weapon will not deny your WBB roll. If they are not within range of an ORB (Tomb spyder is irrelevant) then it is simply removed.

2) following new rules, majority T is used, so i assume you will place the wounds on teh warriors rather than waste the higher T of the lord. If you kill the warriors prior to the Lord(even if the lord gets killed after) you still get a WBB. If they were killed at the same time, no.

3) if the Lord was killed in a VOLLEY of fire after the VOLLEY of fire that killed the 2nd squad, yes. If the lord was killed first, no.

4)Get WBB's

Ok: here are some nice examples for you: (for other Necron models, replace the term "warrior" with the applicable model)

1) a Necron Warrior killed by standard weapon
    not within 6" of a lord with an Orb
    within 6" of another warrior
    Not within 12" of a Tomb spyder and another necron warrior on the board:
    yes

2) A necron Warrior killed by a power weapon in close combat
    Not within 6" of a Lord with an orb
    Within 6" of another warrior
    no

3) A necron Warrior killed by a weapon whos S is 8+ in close combat
    not within 6" of a Lord with an Orb
    no

4) A necron Warrior killed by a weapon whos S is 8+ in Enemy shooting phase
    not within 6" of a Lord with an Orb
    no

5) a Necron warrior killed by a power weapon in close combat
    within 6" of a Lord with an Orb
    Not within 12" of a Tomb spyder and another necron warriors on the board:
    yes

6)a Necron warrior killed by a power weapon in close combat
    Not within 6" of another warrior
    no

7)a Necron warrior killed by a power weapon in close combat
    Not within 6" of another warrior
    Within within 12" of a Tomb spyder and another necron warrior on the board:
    yes

Summery: If your Necron model fails an armour save (or is wounded and denied a save), view this table, and write down the answers as soon as the enemy squad in question has finished shooting their weapons (or all models of a certain Initiative has finished attack)

there are 4 conditions for WBB.

Condition 1: what weapon was it killed by?
    Possible answers:a)CC weapon which ignores armour b)Weapon whos S is double Necron T or more c)Other (anything which is not a close combat weapon which ignores armour saves, and is not a weapon whos strength is double the toughness of the Necron in question)

Condition 2: Is there a Lord with an Orb within 6" of a model in the squad of the dying Necron model?
    Possible Answers: a) yes b)no

Condition 3: Is there another Necron model of the same type within 6"?
    Possible answers:a)yes no

Condition 4: Is there a Tomb spyder within 12" and is there another necron model of the same type on the board?
    Possible answers: a) tomb spyder within 12", another model of same type on board.
    b)Tomb spyder within 12" , no other models of same type on the board.
    c)No Tomb spyder within 12" but another model of same type on board
    d) No tomb spyder within 12", no model of same type on the board.

If your Condition 1 answer is c), skip Condition 2 and go to Condition 3. If your answer to condition 1 is a) or b), go to Condition 2.

If your answer for Condition 2 is a), go to condition 3. If you answer to Condition 2 is b) the model is removed without a WBB

Condition 3: If your answer is a) your model may roll a WBB next turn. place it on it's side until your next turn If your answer is b) go to condition 4.

Condition 4: If your answer is a) Your model may make a WBB roll next turn. place the model on its side until your next turn. if you answered b) c) or d) you have failed. remove the model without a WBB.

When it comes time to make the roll at the beginning of your turn, if you followed conditon 2:a), the Necron Lord must be alive by the time you make your WBB roll (wether it stayed alive the entire time, or succeeded in a WBB roll prior to the warriors). If the Lord is still alive within 6", go through Condition 3 again. Otherwise the model is removed. If you answer a) You may roll your WBB roll. if you answer b) go to condition 4. For condition 4, if you answered a) roll your WBB. If you answered b) c) or d) your model is removed without a WBB roll.

I pray this explicate explanation will be helpful.
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very useful, though I did get this directly from the GW customer support hotline:

1. The Necron Lord's Res Orb works ALL THE WAY until the Lord fails his WBB and is removed from the board. This means, roll the Lord's WBB first. If he succeeds, then everyone else within 6" gets a roll. If not, remove everyone.

So I guess that'll help Necron players everywhere. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What!? that's not what they told me!! ARGH!! ah well... that was back in 3rd edition... i wasted a morning writing that up, so i ain't removing it... i'll update some time

ah well just a simple change is needed...
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast