Venom - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Venom

Sooo.. Eldar will most likely get venom in 5/6E?
    The assault possibilities are endless... Dragons charging out to unleash their deadly meltabombs on unsuspecting killa kans etc...

/please discuss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't thing so my friend.
    Venoms have a low AV and this is against our armies fluff .Eldar have advanced grav-tank which are hard to be beaten from shooting not kites that are named tanks.Ok joking aside venoms just like the rest of the DE transports fit better their playstyle.Their units cost less than our so they can afford to lose some.I wouldn't like to have a 200pts squad of Banshees being wiped out because my 11AV transport was blown up half way

I would expect something like Venoms more durable and thus more expensive.Maybe AV12 which can be upgraded with all the Eldar nasty stuff like HF.

Senior Member eldratch the fallen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly, I think its very likely that we will receive nightwings, however I can only see the venom as a Harlequin specific choice(it was originally the Harlequin transport in 3rd Ed).

Rumors place the Eldar codex soon after the release of 6th edition, which is rumored to be mid 2012, so i suppose we will have to wait and see.
    I love Pathfinders.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

A new assault transport is definitely on my wishlist for the new codex. Open topped is probably how it would work. Just some other option besides the Waveserpent, everyone else gets super cheap transports. Well, the armies that have transports anyway.

Senior Member eldratch the fallen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SJPhillyVT View Post
    A new assault transport is definitely on my wishlist for the new codex. Open topped is probably how it would work. Just some other option besides the Waveserpent, everyone else gets super cheap transports. Well, the armies that have transports anyway.
    true, but Eldar are not other armies, the amazing unsinkable wave serpent and falcon have been our bread and butter for years, whereas space marines have always had rhinos, orks have always had trucks, DEldar have always had sleek open topped skimmers and Harlequins had small compact transports.
    I love Pathfinders.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

I know it's just frustrating. I know there's advantages and disadvantages with every army. I still love the Eldar, don't get me wrong. I guess it's just more the old codex as more new ones come out than any specific unit.

Some firing points would be nice too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

As eldratch mentioned, Venom was harlequin transport in their own experimental rules during 3d edition.

10 armour is not a huge downside. Say you have a 5-6 unit of banshees arriving from reserves, they have 12 move, 2 disembark, average 3 run and 6 charge, on average a 23 inch charge distance. Paired with autrah's reserve rules it is a very formidable strategy. Harlequins would be overjoyed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I could see taking them with outflanking scorps for some reach. And maybe for some really cheap but mobile scoring units. Maybe as a firing platform for psychic powers or something. And of course they'd work with Harlequins

That said I'm not seeing it happening except for:

-Harlequins

-Maybe an Ulthwe Strike force type option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Redundancy is against the essence of Eldar army. Enough said.

If there was an Eldar type of assault Transport, I would gladly welcome it, should it be at least as durable as Serpent/Falcon with HF and definitely more expensive. What this army is starting to lack is the very ability to cheat, to stay above the Rules - just like it does in Battlefleet Gothic, and as it did being not very different from current rules back in 4th edition, with other armies being less... numerous and mobile.
    My beloved Eldar force, I'll judge your roster core. I appreciate your concern, You're gonna think and learn. Rep me... rep me, my friend.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Actually though, in a time of GW giving skimmers to freakin' everybody, I'm coming to appreciate the differences the armies once had between each other. So from that angle I'd say leave the DE their opened topped stuff.

If we are going to get something new, I'd rather it was unique. Or I guess that they'd fix up our troop choices (or realease that jetbike boxed set again so people can actually play them).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast