Malefactor, Haruspex, Dactylis - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malefactor, Haruspex, Dactylis

Hi there

I am a complete nub to Nids. I got an army some years ago from a friend (made him some LaRP stuff, got the army in return) and am now going through the codex etc. But then some issues pop up:

I have a Forgeworld Dactylis, an Armorcast Haruspex and an armorcast Malefactor and I would like to field them at some point. But I would also like to have a sanctioned armylist next to chapter approved old version army. Are these models still valid to use? And if so, would I have to field them as something else?

I am not very keen on buying new models at the moment since I still have 11 Warhammer Fantasy armies to sell first before I have money again. So I will have to work with what I have. And since most of it is ancient editions, it takes a bit of puzzling around.

Thanks for the heads up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't they all biotitans? What size are they? I've only ever heard of these in Epic. They're definitely not in the codex.
    Oroto ego sum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are uhhmmm...rather bigsized. Yes I believe they are Bio Titans. The Armorcast ones are 2nd edition I believe, when Armorcast had a contract with GW shortly to produce these. They resemble the Epic ones, but then big-sized.

The Dactylis is a sort of a pod-slinging catapult bug
    Haruspex could be used as a Trygon I think
    Malefactor is a troop transport really

As i am too unfamiliar with Nids still, I was just wondering whether someone could tell me "they are used sometimes as X, Y, Z". Saves me a lot of internet-hours etc. My son wants to play and is already nagging every free minute of his day to ask when we start

This guy has all three as well Tyranid Monsters

Unfortunately I don't have the Exocrine.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I believe these units had rules for Epic Warhammer 40k but not for regular 40K (and not even for Apocalypse!). If you want to play them, it's only in apocalypse and you're going to have to make up your own custom rules.

If you search for it on the internet, you can find customized rules for them already (along with other titans). It's in a PDF called Lords of Battle.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread