Yes, Dark Eldar Are Also A Hard Race To Play.. But - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to explain what I mean... Dark Eldar are tough to play. Now, the players that play dark eldar realize this, its just the fact of: If you take this risk, and say you can play well with the dark eldar, does that mean you would be absolutely great? Is it worth the risk to play a great army?

Basically I am asking is if the army is THAT good to take such a huge risk. UNderstand?

Sorry I am not meaning to put down the dark eldar, I just want to know the truth.

incubi

"There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the army's play is rewarding, you learn how to play them properly, and take your losses like a good sport, it's entirely worth the risk. Of course, it's all a matter of preference. I like a mobile army that can strike fast and hard, then withdraw before the enemy can retaliate. Thus, I chose the Dark Eldar.
    You must never forget the essence of your spark
    All of that which defines you is the essence of your blood
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real!
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all 46 losses like a sport yup................and my few winnes too..................I wanted a pure evil army that diden't care about there resons for killing just doing it for the heck of it
    Dark Eldar: The Kabal Of the Black Heart: Bloody Claw division.
    Black Legion: Division 666
    Vampire Counts Von Castein Bloodline: w/l/t
    4/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Asdrubal Vect@Oct 11 2004, 20:26
    It all 46 losses like a sport yup................and my few winnes too..................I wanted a pure evil army that diden't care about there resons for killing just doing it for the heck of it
    [snapback]228029[/snapback]
    I'm surprised you didn't choose Orks for that reason. All Orks want is a good fight.

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real!
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they don't have much of a mind....de do.
    Dark Eldar: The Kabal Of the Black Heart: Bloody Claw division.
    Black Legion: Division 666
    Vampire Counts Von Castein Bloodline: w/l/t
    4/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar are only a 'risk' to play if you are overly concerned with winning games. Winning is great, but certainly not the be-all and end-all. Some of the best games I played were complex and interesting games that I ending up losing, and some of the most dull were landslide victories for me that were won in the early stages of the battle.
    <u>Know thy Enemy</u>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm' target='_blank'>-The Troll, Aggravor Pestis</a>
    <a href='http://mu.ranter.net/starcraft/bnet.html' target='_blank'>-The l33t d00d, Optimus Simula</a>
    <a href='http://40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=1993.msg496519#msg496519' target='_blank'>-The Spammer, Spammator Demens</a>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/flamewars.htm#IPYW' target='_blank'>-The Flamer, Inflammator</a>

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all 46 losses like a sport yup................and my few winnes too..................I wanted a pure evil army that diden&#39;t care about there resons for killing just doing it for the heck of it
    Yeah I&#39;m freaked out when 12 year olds think this way :rofl: :lol:
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an oddball, Izfrazael, no doubt about that. Don&#39;t get mad at me, Asdrubal, I really like oddball (myself being one).

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real&#33;
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i chose dark eldar purely off of fluff ... and didnt realize the problems id have actually playing with them... starting up with two players who were liek rivals 9one blood angels player and one ultramarines player) i learned the value of good planning and making good lists.... after about 2 years of losing with my DE i am now the best in my circle of players and have not lost with them in quite some time.... i took down my first titan with them just last weekend&#33; and that felt great... so yeah playing dark eldar is well worth the learnng curve it takes to master them... after all who can still disembark AND assualt in the same turn? BU YAH&#33;
    <span style='color:purple'>&quot;Fetch me another play-thing....this one is broken&quot;

strike like lightning and burn down everything in your path&#33;</span>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Dark Eldar are hard to learn and even harder to master, but when you do they are one of the most powerful armies out there as the outcome of the game is on your terms, not your opponents. As a DE player you control the flow of battle, where the comabts are, in what terrain, what line of sight is available etc.

It is very rewarding to take the most fragile army in the game and take space marines apart piece by piece. Space marines (and anything in power armour) have never been attractive to me because they are too difficult to kill and therefore too easy to win with, plus they don&#39;t move much.

Also despite having the second smallest number of units in the entire 40k universe (necrons have less) they are one of the most diverse armies out there, they can shoot or fight, use transports or footslog, use gunships and suprise webway portal strikes and they can do all of these different tactics (and more) effectively.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast