Beastmaster composition. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beastmaster composition.

Having never run them I was wondering how everyone composes their beastmaster units. Clawed fiends or no etc.

"LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I like the idea of only clawed fiends and beastmasters. Then your opponnent needs S10 to double tough.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Khymerae and razorwings are the favoured beasts simply because you can get more than one per beastmaster, making it easier for the unit to take damage on approach.

A common setup I have seen is 2 beastmasters, 5 khymerae and 2 razorwing flocks - it has a bit of everything, is dirt cheap and is an all round solid unit. I'm a fan of khymerae/clawd fiend mixes so you can simply pound on infantry, but the rending of razorwings is hard to ignore versus good saves (namely 3+) as giving the beastmasters power weapons makes them awfully expensive when they are so fragile.

+ Reply to Thread