farsight wing :D - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

farsight wing :D

70pts-commander farsight
    885pts-7 bodyguards
    6 w/TLplasmas,missles,TA,HW lock,HW MT,injector(5 w/ HW drone controller)
    1 w/plasma,shield,TA,HW lock,HW MT injector
    10 shield drones
    comes to just over 1000pts(1055 im pretty sure)
    in all you get
    6(12rapid) TL str6 ap2 shots at bs5
    2(4rapid) str6 ap2 shots at bs5
    12 str7 ap4 shots
    11 4++ saves
    FNP
    able to fire all weaps and choose their targets.
    plus a pretty awesome hero
    in no way am i saying that this could be competitive but there is a 1500pt tourny comming up and im gonna try
    it out to see if its any good. lol i cant wait to see the look on their faces when a) they deep strike and kill
    all their termies and transports or b) die via mishap and theres a 1000pts gone in an instant. i think it
    might just stand a chance. id just have to focus fire against the biggest threats. eg that 1 dam trygon that always
    messes up our plans. eat 16 plasma shots b*tch!
    but hey we will see how it goes. should be enjoyable, so y not
    whats your guys opinion on a farsightwing if you could call it that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macdaddy View Post
    70pts-commander farsight
    885pts-7 bodyguards
    6 w/TLplasmas,missles,TA,HW lock,HW MT,injector(5 w/ HW drone controller)
    1 w/plasma,shield,TA,HW lock,HW MT injector
    10 shield drones
    comes to just over 1000pts(1055 im pretty sure)
    in all you get
    6(12rapid) TL str6 ap2 shots at bs5
    2(4rapid) str6 ap2 shots at bs5
    12 str7 ap4 shots
    11 4++ saves
    FNP
    able to fire all weaps and choose their targets.
    plus a pretty awesome hero
    in no way am i saying that this could be competitive but there is a 1500pt tourny comming up and im gonna try
    it out to see if its any good. lol i cant wait to see the look on their faces when a) they deep strike and kill
    all their termies and transports or b) die via mishap and theres a 1000pts gone in an instant. i think it
    might just stand a chance. id just have to focus fire against the biggest threats. eg that 1 dam trygon that always
    messes up our plans. eat 16 plasma shots b*tch!
    but hey we will see how it goes. should be enjoyable, so y not
    whats your guys opinion on a farsightwing if you could call it that.
    pretty sure your setups are illegal, twinlinked plasma rifle, missle pod, targeting array? to many hard points being used and at 1500pts, your dumping to many points into this unit, lose 2-3 suits and this becomes abit more viable compared to how it stands at the moment. also stimulant injectors are special issue, meaning you can only have 1 per army (sucks i know), last but not least how are your bodyguards BS5, they should be BS4 with targeting array's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have too many hardpoints being used up, you either need to drop a plasma gun or MP, (keep TA, too good to lose BS4)
    plus they cannot be BS5, only commanders reach that level of shooting capabilility
    Special issue means you cannot have more than one per army, sucks but think about it, imagine 2+ save (iridium armour) for every battlesuit? bit unfair i think for its cost?
    Also, if you are up against an assault army, one MC could ruin your day, taking out ALOT of battlesuits in one go (think hive tyrant, wraithlord etc) this is probably the biggest target i have seen and pie plates will again ruin your day, 8 battlesuits are hard to miss, regardless, they just need to take this out and your gone in a 1500pt list, more an apocalypse style squad you have there, better when this unit doesn't take up more than half your army list

It is for fluff i know but what can you do with it? for the same price, thats about 5 or 6 leman russ battle tanks, these will instantly kill them (yes invulnerable but 7 pie plates WILL hurt alot!) and a hive tyrant will eat them up for breakfast, even with farsight, they'll need 6's to wound, 4's to hit for farsight, 5's for others, just not a sensible idea IMO

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to be rude, but this is simply shocking. Not only the list, but the arrangement and lack of organisation. I may just be trolling here, but one thing that really gets on my nerves in this forum is the way the lists are organised. It makes it hard to read for us and may cause misunderstanding. And even if you decide not to, it's just common knowledge and decency to use punctuation. If you argue that you're on a phone, I am writing this on forum runner right now, on my iPhone.

First off, read the codex. Only 3 hard points, so you can only have 2 non twin linked weapon and a support system, or 2 different weapons and a support systems. What's more, stimulant injector is special issue and as such only one may be taken in the army. Second, the list isn't worth it's weight in marines, and with their prevalence in 5th they really need to be. I mean really, a single vindicator can and will be the end of you.

Just give up with a farsight list, at least until the new codex later this year.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Aun'Vre View Post
    Not trying to be rude, but this is simply shocking. Not only the list, but the arrangement and lack of organisation. I may just be trolling here, but one thing that really gets on my nerves in this forum is the way the lists are organised. It makes it hard to read for us and may cause misunderstanding. And even if you decide not to, it's just common knowledge and decency to use punctuation. If you argue that you're on a phone, I am writing this on forum runner right now, on my iPhone.

First off, read the codex. Only 3 hard points, so you can only have 2 non twin linked weapon and a support system, or 2 different weapons and a support systems. What's more, stimulant injector is special issue and as such only one may be taken in the army. Second, the list isn't worth it's weight in marines, and with their prevalence in 5th they really need to be. I mean really, a single vindicator can and will be the end of you.

Just give up with a farsight list, at least until the new codex later this year.
    @Aun'Vre : More of a rant than a troll, I'd say. But they may be the same thing lol. And I agree with you. And what's with that Sig, Aun'vre?!?! Are you a Khorne-Tau?
    @Macdaddy : isn't Farsight more than 70 points? and you probably shouldn't post his points cost here, don't want to get in trouble ya know?
    And really, give up on Farsight lists for now, at least. Its fun to play, and scary if its your first time facing it, but its waaaay too easy to destroy, and takes up waaay too many points to really do much.
    Last edited by Taubeast; May 23rd, 2011 at 22:24.
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

yeh - you need to go rework all your maths.
    You only get 3 hard points not 4.

There is no need for twin linked plasma guns on a BS 5 (although im not sure how you get BS 5 as only HQ can get that, body guard can't)
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

All the comments about the errors in your list have already been made, so I won't repeat anything.

A Farsight Wing at 1500pts is not impossible but is at the same time a challenge. I tend to play an FSE (Farsight Enclave) Army, and here's what I would take:

Farsight
    3 Bodyguards: FB/PR/TA/HWMT/HWDC + 2SDs
    Unit cost: 506

6 Fire Warriors:
    **Devilfish: MT, TA, DPods:
    Unit cost: 160pts

6 Fire Warriors:

3 XV8s: Fireknife configuration: (MP/PR/MT)
    **Team Leader upgrade w/TA, (HWMT) free Bonding Knife
    Unit cost: 196pts

2 XV8s: Deathrain+ configuration: (TLMP/TA)
    **Team Leader upgrade with free Bonding Knife
    Unit cost: 111pts

Hammerhead: Railgun, DPods, BCs, MT: 165pts

2-man Broadside team: Advanced Stabilisation System:
    **Team Leader w/HWTL, HWDC + 2SDs, free Bonding Knife
    Unit cost: 200pts

Total: 1498pts.

Decent mobile firepower, 3 Railguns, anti-TEq capability. Have fun.

E.

E.
    Last edited by eiglepulper; May 24th, 2011 at 01:24.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper
    All the comments about the errors in your list have already been made, so I won't repeat anything.

A Farsight Wing at 1500pts is not impossible but is at the same time a challenge. I tend to play an FSE (Farsight Enclave) Army, and here's what I would take:

Farsight
    3 Bodyguards: FB/PR/TA/HWMT/HWDC + 2SDs
    Unit cost: 506

6 Fire Warriors:

6 Fire Warriors:

3 XV8s: Fireknife configuration: (MP/PR/MT)
    **Team Leader upgrade w/TA, (HWMT) free Bonding Knife
    Unit cost: 196pts

2 XV8s: Deathrain+ configuration: (TLMP/TA)
    **Team Leader upgrade with free Bonding Knife
    Unit cost: 111pts

Hammerhead: Railgun, DPods, BCs, MT: 165pts

2-man Broadside team: Advanced Stabilisation System:
    **Team Leader w/HWTL, HWDC + 2SDs, free Bonding Knife
    Unit cost: 200pts

Total: 1498pts.

Decent mobile firepower, 3 Railguns, anti-TEq capability. Have fun.

E.

E.
    The only possible viable list I have seen, but vindicators, basilisks and the like will hurt.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Only change I would make would be dropping the broadsides for a skyray, and using the extra points for another fireknife.
    *shrug*
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Which would leave you with a single Railgun.....?

As for Basilisks et al: yes, they will hurt but that's what the Railguns are for.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast