new necron player need advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new necron player need advice

ive just got my self a necron army which will be my 2nd army (my main is chaos space marines)
    the necron army i got is about 1000 points
    HQ = nightshade
    troops = 20 warriors
    fast = 5 destroyers
    fast = 8 scarab base's
    heavy = im thinking of converting 2 of the destroyers to heavy destroyers
    this put me to about 1020 points i think is this a good set up for 1000 point games or should i look into getting an necron lord ?
    also im a bit confused of guass weapons ive read the book a few times and im not 100% sure on it,
    my basic understanding is that when attacking say the rear armor with destroyers on a roll of a 6 the gauss weapon penatrates or does it get a glancing hit no matter what the vehicle is, and is it the same with the front or even a land raider?
    also with the nightshade the speacial abillty with teh ordance template is it the small template or the big one? as it doesnt really say
    thanks for your help

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

I assume by "nightshade" you mean "The Nightbringer." He uses the large blast template. You should ditch him though. If you're going to use a C'tan, the Deceiver is vastly superior. Not to mention at 1000 points, that's way too many points taken away from your Phase Out limit. For the same price, you can get a full squad of Destroyers plus a Lord. Get a Lord with a Res Orb and an extra warrior squad instead.

You're going to want Disruption Fields on those Scarabs so they can tarpit vehicles. They can keep a vehicle stunned for the whole game most of the time.

Stay away from Heavy Destroyers. They are terrible. Destroyers are awesome though, keep them as they are.

The way Gauss works is that any time you roll a 6 to penetrate armor, then it automatically inflicts a glancing hit. Doesn't matter where you're shooting or what the armor value is. Of course, if a 6 will inflict a penetrating hit, then it's a penetrating hit, not a glancing hit, and not a glancing + penetrating hit.

Here's a good basic 1000 point Necron list:

HQ:
    Necron Lord w/ Resurrection Orb: 140 points

Troops:
    Warriors x10: 180 points

Fast Attack:
    Destroyers x4: 200 points
    Scarabs x7 w/ Disruption Fields: 112 points

Total: 992 points
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

4. Thanksshange thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks i didnt actuly buy this army got msot of it for free as the guy who had it didnt want it any more so he gave it to me and its what i have
    i wont bother converting the 1 destroyer to heavy then. ill have to keep the nightbringer for now untill i can afford a lord (or i can just say hes a lord with a set up as we dont allwys play WYSIWYG rule) ill probbably get one on a destroyer body as the local shop has 2 and ill try and get a 3rd lot of warriors when i get the lord
    got 1 more question on teh guass weapons say i shoot 10 warrior weapons at a tank's armor knowing that they could neva penatrate or glance it would they still glance on a 6?
    thanks so far
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes. If the armour value is 11 or 111 you will always glance on a roll of a six. that is the awesomeness that is necrons.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

It's the same thing when firing a gauss flayer (the Necron Warrior's gun) at a Wraithlord or something with an equivalent toughness value (C'tan, for example). Normally the strength of the gauss flayer cannot wound such models but the gauss rule allows it to if the to-wound roll is a 6.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im liking the nectons more and more be glad when they bring the new codex out and the new things allthough ill only be taking this army to 1500 points but still will be fun

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

1500pts: Deceiver, 30 Warriors, 10 Destroyers, Lord with Orb and Phase Shifter = 1495pts

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lord with rez orb GoF phase shifter and scythe, 30 warriors, 2 monoliths, a spyder, 3 destroyers and 10 scarab swarms with disruption fields - 1500pts
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

+ Reply to Thread