Viability of lots of scourges? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viability of lots of scourges?

So, I have 30+ of the new Forgeworld Eldar Corsair models, and given the list appears to have allied Dark Eldar Kabalite Warriors as an option, I've decided to run my army so far using the Dark Eldar list, proxying said Corsairs as Scourges.

Unfortunately, Scourges don't seem so crash hot. I'm not a hyper-competitive player, so what do you guys think? 30 Scourges, can it work? What else should the list (~1000 points) take?

Drag queen of LO... HAETRS GONNA HAET!
    Savlar (6k), Executioners (full company!), Farsight (500 points), Warriors of Chaos (6k), Dark Elves Cult Of Pleasure (4k), Nomads/Caledonians/ISS (infinity), Clan Wolf (BT)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

So 30 Scourges in 3x10 squads is a cheap investment.
    deep strike 1 squad with a heat lance to kill vehicle/infantry of your choice
    second squad give haywire blaster to sit back and prevent your opponents favorite tank from shooting (I prefer a 5 man squad)
    give scourges SC's and watch them wittle away infantry.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Scourges are actually cheaper than the gear they come with.

As for arming them? Ho hum i'm a real fan of haywire blasters given their rarity in the codex with heat lances being my second favourite choice - even if it does involve getting awfully close. Five men with two lances is pretty good, but given the context I think that is wasted potential. I would always take a solarite in a large squad - a naked one - just for the leadership boost.

As for the rest of the list, if we are sticking to the corsair theme then warriors are the way to go, 10 men with a splinter cannon and blaster is typically seen as the "default" loadout, but the shredder is by no means a poor option. The lance is a tad wasted given how potent splinter weaponry is when brought in decent numbers.

If I were to build a sensible list I would approach it like this-

Archon 130
    Agoniser, combat drugs, shadowfield, haywire grenades

10 Warriors 115
    1 blaster
    1 splintercannon

Raider 60

9 wyches 148
    haywire grenades
    1 hydra gauntlets
    Hekatrix with agoniser

Raider 60

7 scourges 184
    Solarite
    2 haywire blasters

7 scourges 184
    Solarite
    2 haywire blasters

Ravager 115
    Flickerfield

As much as I loathe to give the wyches haywire grenades, given their aggressive nature and limited close support in this list the grenades will provide some usefulness.

+ Reply to Thread