Eldar.. Are they good? Should I change sides? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Eldar.. Are they good? Should I change sides?

So.. I havent played 40k yet but I started collecting Grey Knights (Only got 10 models so far) when their new book came out thanks to me thinking they look really cool. Then as time went by I just keept reading more and more and more about how almost everyone seems to think they are horribly boring to play both As and Against..

But I'v also been looking at Eldar because I think they look really good too so I'm considering getting a Eldar Battleforce box to start a Eldar army instead/aswell.. but, Are the Eldar any good? Are they fun to play with and against?

2. ThanksSJPhillyVT thanked for this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

Depends what you mean by fun. If you want a challenging army that will be hard to win with but not impossible if you know what you're doing, then yes Eldar would be fun. If you're completely new to 40k I wouldn't suggest Eldar, with the current version of the Codex some of their stuff is hard to win with and is prone to bad matchups. Grey Knights would probably be good to learn with as they're very tough and powerful, so you'll have an "easier" time at it to learn the game first. Then as you play them if you feel it does get repetative and boring, then you can move on to Eldar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

I'd agree with SPillyVT, Eldar are a fun, challenging army and is better for someone who knows how to play since the require a bit of finesse to use properly. Eldar were my first army and it took me 6 months to win a game.
    I myself have just started collecting grey knights, got a lot of stuff just need to get round to putting it together, and from the proxy games I've done they are definately more straight forward to use than Eldar. I am loving the Grey Knights because as far as the armies go, they are complete opposites and gives me a much more varied game from my Eldar. Don't get me wrong, I love my Eldar and they will always be my main army. I just love everything about them. But going from my past experiences since you have already started collecting Grey Knights get some experience under your belt and if you still feel like the Grey Knights aren't for you 6-12 months down the line then give Eldar a go, by then you'll know the basics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I'l stick with the Grey Knights for now then. but I'l still be looking to Eldar as a secondary army some time in the future. I like the looks of the Eldar vehicles and stuff ^_^

Thanks for the replies ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Merellin View Post
    So.. I havent played 40k yet but I started collecting Grey Knights (Only got 10 models so far) when their new book came out thanks to me thinking they look really cool. Then as time went by I just keept reading more and more and more about how almost everyone seems to think they are horribly boring to play both As and Against..

But I'v also been looking at Eldar because I think they look really good too so I'm considering getting a Eldar Battleforce box to start a Eldar army instead/aswell.. but, Are the Eldar any good? Are they fun to play with and against?
    NO they suck GTFO XD oh and what those guys ^ said XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooops sorry Double Post
    Last edited by Grooveyyoda; June 3rd, 2011 at 20:57. Reason: double post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Wait.. have Eldar gotten so bad?

I just ducked into LO as I've been on hiatus from the hobby for several years and thinking about restarting... but when I played, we were considered a top tier faction...

Yeah, thread hijack, I know... but OP seems to have his question answered.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

theyre not that good.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a tier one, well, not going to beat the others like its a walk in the path... Also your opponent probably have to much fun paying against you.

However I love the Eldar, there a great fun, I really enjoy the playstyle (being fragile and needing good execution), fun to play, competitive (when meched) and their fluff is brilliant...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that the old days of Vypers-StarCannon spam have become a fade memory of a bygone era

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast