Ramming Speed! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ramming Speed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramming Speed!

Am I the only person who takes advantage of Shock Prow and Aether-sails and rams every enemy vehicle in sight? I don't just mean when my vehicle is "shaken" or "weapon destroyed." Full load of wracks or not, just full tilt S10 all the time. RAM RAM RAM! I remember reading the entry for Shock Prow and thinking "By the gods! Fast Skimmers that can ram?! I MUST HAVE THEM!"

"LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to do this more for Eldar vehicles since they're AV12, but the Dark Eldar vehicles can be used similarly in a pinch. I wouldn't do it if the Raider was full of models. Chances are the enemy will hit you back with a high strength ram and, with the recent FAQ, if your tank gets immobilised or destroyed in some way the unit inside is destroyed too. Some units are damned expensive so I certainly wouldn't want to lose one on an attack that could do heehaw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2284 View Post
    I tend to do this more for Eldar vehicles since they're AV12, but the Dark Eldar vehicles can be used similarly in a pinch. I wouldn't do it if the Raider was full of models. Chances are the enemy will hit you back with a high strength ram and, with the recent FAQ, if your tank gets immobilised or destroyed in some way the unit inside is destroyed too. Some units are damned expensive so I certainly wouldn't want to lose one on an attack that could do heehaw.
    You only lose the troops it's transporting if its immobilised on your turn. If your opponent immobilises it on their turn, your troops will get to bailout.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Yes. However, when you recieve an auto-hitting S10 hit on a raider, odds are good that the unit will go *poof* as the raider turns into a cloud of shrapnel. (Since an Immobilized, Wrecked, or Explodes result will kill the raider, and they recieve a +1 to the damage chart due to Open Topped). Of course this only applies if the raider goes Flat-out, but with a maximum of an S7 hit if the raider doesn't... (and more likely S6)
    Last edited by Stradius; June 5th, 2011 at 21:14.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

speed in ramming is our weakness as not all of our viechels are over AV10 and hence recive a strength hit compareable to the distance moved.

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Shock Prows are awesome, although I haven't found the points to fit them in, I will once I start playing larger games. Terrorfex launchers will be nice too since they help when tank shocking.

But I have to agree with Alex2284, ramming with units inside is reckless! Remember, the raider has to move at max speed, and going flat out means that if the ram hit kills your raider it will vaporize the unit inside.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Last edited by Ebon Hand; June 13th, 2011 at 00:43. Reason: double post

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

+ Reply to Thread