Vect question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vect question

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vect question

can vect be in a normal raider at the start of the game joined to the squad without having the dais of destruction?

the codex says that he can buy the dais but because he is an IC he can be equipped to a squad and if they have a transport he can ride in it? however whenever i see reference to him on this forum everyone says if he wants to ride in a vehicle he has to take the dais.

can someone please explain because i think i've missed something.

roferl

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

As far as I know, you don't have to put him in the dais. But if you do, you have to give him a full squad of something. There's nothing keeping you from putting him in a regular raider with a couple of wyches.

EDIT: actually, upon re-reading the rule, I'm totally convinced this is how it works.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Necrontyr View Post
    As far as I know, you don't have to put him in the dais. But if you do, you have to give him a full squad of something. There's nothing keeping you from putting him in a regular raider with a couple of wyches.

EDIT: actually, upon re-reading the rule, I'm totally convinced this is how it works.
    Incorrect, the Dais entry on page 55 explicitly states the Dais must begin the game carrying Vect and 9 other models. What they do in turn 1 is another matter entirely, but until that point you have no choice in the matter.

[edit] This is under the assumption the Dais is taken, if it is not then none of the above applies.
    Last edited by The_Outsider; June 6th, 2011 at 15:22.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by roferl View Post
    however whenever i see reference to him on this forum everyone says if he wants to ride in a vehicle he has to take the dais.
    I think this is the important part of your question.

If you take Vect but NOT the Dais, then yes he is free to join another squad and ride in their transport.

If you take Vect AND the Dais, then he must be deployed in it (along with 9 other models).
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

+ Reply to Thread