Gaudians Vs Dire Avengers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think that the dire avengers are better than gaurdians but i really dont no what is better. i like the fact that dire avengers have an AS of +4 than gaurdians have +5. i mean +5 is like an ork almost. but still iono :realmad: i also wann a get some dark repers but iono what to do. im playing a alatoic army so i dont no if reapers are the way to go

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok because you sound like a bigginer to alaitoc id reccomend a box of guardians instead of avengers. Most ppl prefer a guardian unit with a wep platform and in my experirence only really veteran players can use a unit of dire avengers properly.
    My advice: go for a solid block of guardians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Pathfinder, please be carefull about repet posting and posting rules, neither of which are acceptable.

It is very rare to see dire avengers used ahead of guardians, and ususally only because of the exarch, yes they are better, but the points cost is such that it is better to have 3 guardians then 2 Dire avengers
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your alaitoc, you should use pthfinders over darkreapers id say...but both is also good...

guardians are a good distraction, but really you should be aiming for those two firepower units (i assume thats what you want, a firepower army...if so pathfinders and dark reapers are the way to go)
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I posted this in the Eldar Tactica a while ago:

Dire Avengers – These guys aren’t really as ‘extreme’ cases as the others, but are worth a mention anyway. Seeing as I don’t play Ulthwe my Guardians aren’t BS4, and I see it as a waste to buy an expensive support weapon for a unit that will miss 50% of the time. Then came the answer, Dire Avengers, they don’t get support weapons, but I wasn’t going to use one anyway, are BS4, and have a better save. Also, I like putting them in Wave Serpents, although Guardians can go in a Serpent, I feel it’s a bit of a waste, when something more Elite and hard-hitting could go in. This may sound a bit hypocritical because Dire Avengers are very similar to Guardians, but if Dire Avengers can get into range, they can tear apart most 10 strong squads (except marines, but that’s why the Serpent has a Star Cannon ) where as Guardians might not finish them, and with only a 5+ save, a retaliation is not good news. Not much to say on the Dire Avenger models because they are so similar to Guardians, but the Plume looks cool IMO. Also Dire Avengers have the best Phoenix Lord! Go Asurmen! But that doesn’t really count towards the units effectiveness...
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thnx for feed back.
    i think that im going with 12 gardians 2 squads of 6 because there just some bulk peices. but i still dono about the dire avengers

+ Reply to Thread