About webway portal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About webway portal

Could anyone tell me how to equip that to a unit?
    I can't find a option from the army list
    any restrictions and point cost?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

It's a wargear option for archons and haemonculi, if you have a webway portal deployed at the beginning of your turn any unit entering from reserve, weather it be outflanking, deep striking... As long as it is not a vehicle or mounted in a vehicle it can enter from the portal instead.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks I missed it.......
    But if I take haemonculu as HQ choice, may I take Urien in the same HQ choice? If not, then I must take non- unique independent character to have the WP?
    Sorry new player question.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersze View Post
    Thanks I missed it.......
    But if I take haemonculu as HQ choice, may I take Urien in the same HQ choice? If not, then I must take non- unique independent character to have the WP?
    Sorry new player question.......
    Urien is his own unit, separate from other Haemonculi. Therefore he takes up his own HQ slot.

And yes.......unless I am mistaken only Archons and Haemonculi have the option to take webway portals.
    BATTLESHEEP

jboweruk

TBH portals aren't worth it, you really need them down and in amongst the enemy on the first turn to be really effective, otherwise your units that can make best use of them end up trudging across the field on foot because they turn up when you don't want them to, largely because as happened to me, Lelith didn't take long enough sorting her hairdo out and came in on turn 2, I still didn't have the portal down yet and she and her accompanying Hekatrixes were miles away from making any useful contribution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jboweruk View Post
    TBH portals aren't worth it, you really need them down and in amongst the enemy on the first turn to be really effective, otherwise your units that can make best use of them end up trudging across the field on foot because they turn up when you don't want them to, largely because as happened to me, Lelith didn't take long enough sorting her hairdo out and came in on turn 2, I still didn't have the portal down yet and she and her accompanying Hekatrixes were miles away from making any useful contribution.
    If you have a WWP you dont roll for reserves.

You pop the portal and then your reserves (which are in the portal) come out
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by cadre_of_storms View Post

I really wish this would be true, but I'm quite sure it's not. I've re-read the rules for it, and it is indeed a slight bit unclear, but an incredibly great bonus like that would not be lost by some vague rules-writing. Unfortunately. And if it really was like that, it would probably be the single best piece of wargear in the entire game, and all DE players would use it all of the time.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

jboweruk

Same here, though it's vague it just says units arriving from reserve may use the portal no matter how they intended to arrive originally. Reading that means ufortunately you still have to roll as normal as they are treated the same as reserves

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadre_of_storms View Post

Thats how it was for years, new WWP you roll for reserves normally, and no vehicles come out of it. It got a fair bit of a downgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kura View Post
    Thats how it was for years, new WWP you roll for reserves normally, and no vehicles come out of it. It got a fair bit of a downgrade.
    Unless I'm really mistaken, it's never been like this. At least I never played it like that with our 3rd edition codex. Though I don't have it on my anymore to check it.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast