Psychic Scream - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psychic Scream

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have it on both my Tyrants, the flying one and the walking one. I'm not sure I've ever had them both be able to use it and be effective. Sure sometimes if my Tyrants aren't shot up one of them gets to be in range and drops leadership, but the goal would be to have them both there so opponents would suffer a -2 to roles. I've read lots of us want to get lucky and have it work that way and think its an okay tactic to try and see what happens. Well I've tried and I don't see it working too well. :hmm: Have any of you really had it work out and seen beneficial results for the points?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm i can't say i ever use it and my HT always get there, may it would be best to have it on two wing HT's as they would get there together, or max out on Gaurds with your walk HT and then deep strike your winged .
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm usually rather eager to move my flying tyrant across the board when I shouldn't thus him getting shot up. I keep wanting to use this Psychic Scream strategy effectively but imagine I'm just being impatient about it. Does anyone use it or should I spend 30 points elsewhere?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Nah I don't use it, I think the points would be better off elsewhere.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I use Psychic Scream every now and then, but strictly for fun, not effectiveness.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 points could buy some gaunts or a warrior which would be much more affective
    I think a great bumper sticker would be as follows:
    Proud parent of a child whose self-confidence is good enough that he doesn't need me advertising his minor scholastic achievements on my carclick me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said in another thread, I use it with my flying CC HT and find it effective. Forcing the enemy to break and then using sweeping advance to mow them over can be very powerful.

The fact that the HT counts as 10 models will often force additional penalties as well. And the high Initiative stat often means a good chance for success with the contested sweeping advance check.

Combined, and with the right tactics and smart choices, can make a huge impact on the game.
    <span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Corwin@Oct 13 2004, 13:12
    Like I said in another thread, I use it with my flying CC HT and find it effective. Forcing the enemy to break and then using sweeping advance to mow them over can be very powerful.

The fact that the HT counts as 10 models will often force additional penalties as well. And the high Initiative stat often means a good chance for success with the contested sweeping advance check.

Combined, and with the right tactics and smart choices, can make a huge impact on the game.
    [snapback]229267[/snapback]
    That would have been my post if he hadn&#39;t said it first and saved me time to type it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Corwin@Oct 13 2004, 15:12

[snapback]229267[/snapback]
    You´re right, but remeber, for sweeping advanced some enemy model should be in contact with the HT and ... it´s very difficult you can see it because the HT is too hard and dedaly in CC :hmm: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by vmgf1979@Oct 19 2004, 15:22
    You´re right, but remeber, for sweeping advanced some enemy model should be in contact with the HT and ... it´s very difficult you can see it because the HT is too hard and dedaly in CC :hmm: .
    I&#39;m not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

Are you making the point that the HT tends to kill everything in base contact and so cannot use sweeping advance?

If so, I disagree. Having the larger base size, you can get what? 8 standard bases into contact with the HT? Sure, on it&#39;s initial charge, it may only have a couple in contact. But that means only a few models are in its range to be hacked down. So in all likelyhood, the squad is still strong enough to pass. But the HT will be surrounded once everyone piles in. At that point, and once he&#39;s gotten another round of attacks, the squad will likely be weakened enough to miss the morale save. That&#39;s when it sweeps.

I dunno, it seems to work fine for me. Maybe it&#39;s a YMMV situation.
    <span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast