Flat out!!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flat out!!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flat out!!?

Heya

well I'm very new to DE and i need a little clarification. now i read about people moving their raiders flat out first turn. now it might just be me being a noob but it just seems to be suicidal. I thought but please correct me if im wrong but if i get wreck,destroyer or even immobilised everyone inside automatically dies?!

please i would like to clarify this. do i need to make sure i move 12" or is there some way to move flat out?! what do you do?

any help will be great thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

From what I heard, they only automatically die if it wrecks on your turn, but if it is shot down during your opponents turn they just take S3 hits and a pinning test as normal (if it is an explode) or a pinning test (if it is wrecked). However, if you go flat out and start out or land in terrain, and you fail the dangerous terrain test, the squad is indeed insta-gibbed in the crash! Since it wrecked in your turn it triggers that rule.

The reason is because you cannot disembark in a turn in which you moved flat-out, so during your turn if your raider wrecks, your dudes are unable to bail out and thus are destroyed with it. During your opponents turn though, this doesn't apply.
    Last edited by Ebon Hand; June 12th, 2011 at 23:10.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

He hit the nail right on the head.

Moving flat out turn 1 is a risky ploy for any army with skimmers though.

Although for DE, I need to shoot every lance, every turn. so not much flat out. However, they may be referring to the jetbikes, which always go flat out on turn 1.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Flat out with everything on turn one is a possibility if you simply have no where to hide your raiders and no targets for your dark lances. It doesnt happen often, but if you put several targets right in the enemy's face, he won't know which one to take out, and some of them are bound to get through.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally have my 4 raiders with a mix of Grots, Wyches & Haemonculi so on turn 1 I go flat out and sit in my enemies deployment zone. As has been said above, she doesn't know who to shoot and has to go blow up the vehicles before killing the troops. Then next turn I assault and have fun :-)

+ Reply to Thread