Viability of Trueborn "Sniper Squads" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Dallas, Texas
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Viability of Trueborn "Sniper Squads"

I know there have been discussions on mounted trueborn squads with blasters or splinter cannons.

I have heard a couple people say that they are thinking about using 3 man sniper squads and I was wondering whether anyone had actually used them. I am thinking about trying a unit out mostly because I am building a list and I have everything I want in it for that points level, but I have about 90 points left and no idea what to spend it on.

I already have my heavy support maxed, a solid core of troops, and some fast attack. So I was thinking of the trueborn as a way to fit in some more dark lances.

2. Remove Advertisements

El Paso TX
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Trueborn snipers are awesome.

The plus side: 2 shots with 36" range, easy to hide, low priority target.

The down side: 2 shots, takes up an elite slot, one wound causes a break test. 3 total wounds. easy KP. Useless in assault.

That said, they've always worked for me. Lots of people like the blaster squads. I've used them. They're effective for a turn then get killed. I'd rather have something a little less effective that lasts 4 or 5 turns.

+ Reply to Thread