Haemonculus Coven advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haemonculus Coven advice

I am starting Dark Eldar this weekend. So far i have on order 1 Haemonculus and 2 boxes of wracks; figured that was a safe buy before getting advice. I am sure this wont be the most competivite army, but I have blood angles and grey knights for that. I want to build this because the models are awesome and the challenge of playing it.

I want to stick to a pure Haemonculus army.
    Haemonculus
    wracks
    grots
    scourges
    talos
    maybe the cronos (need to reread the fluff and make sure it is there creation)
    and their transports.

I am looking for any advice you guys can give on wargear options, unit size, tactics, really anything you can offer to help will be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just some of my opinions here (so take them with a grain of salt). And the Cronos is a Coven creation
    1) Equip the Talos more for close combat and don't upgrade its gun. Monstrous Creatures get bonuses when attacking vehicles in close combat and the Talos has a low BS so getting more shots will help it out. I would also take 2 of them.
    2) At least one liquifier gun for the wracks. It will help thin out the squad they are about to assault and give them a ranged attack. Since they are not fleet running in the shooting phase, if you want to assault that turn, is a bad idea so some sort of ranged attack helps.
    3) Same for the Grots as the Wrack. The liquifier gun is a template weapon so the Grots low BS won't be an issue.
    4) If you give the Haemoculus a close combat weapon then give him an agonizer or venom blade. Those both wound on a set number so the Haemoculus' low strength won't keep him from causing wounds.
    5) Haven't had much experience with the Scourges yet but they seem like a unit that is best used for shooting and shooting a lot. I would try to arm them with weapons that you can shoot while on the move. Most of the Dark Eldar army needs to stay mobile to survive but if you have to stop...stop in good cover.
    Hope some of that helps. Be sure to remember the most important thing though and that is to build an army you will have fun with.

4. Thanksthiazi thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

I'm a dissenting opinion on the talos's guns - I like the TL haywire blaster. It's easier for the talos to get within 24" of an enemy vehicle than into touch, and the twin-linked makes it pretty reliable. You're going to be running low on anti-vehicle without ravagers, so every little bit helps.

6. Thanksthiazi thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Urien or whatever adds 3 pain tokens doesnt he, id be taking him
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by thiazi View Post
    I am starting Dark Eldar this weekend. So far i have on order 1 Haemonculus and 2 boxes of wracks; figured that was a safe buy before getting advice. I am sure this wont be the most competivite army, but I have blood angles and grey knights for that. I want to build this because the models are awesome and the challenge of playing it.

I want to stick to a pure Haemonculus army.
    Haemonculus
    wracks
    grots
    scourges
    talos
    maybe the cronos (need to reread the fluff and make sure it is there creation)
    and their transports.

I am looking for any advice you guys can give on wargear options, unit size, tactics, really anything you can offer to help will be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time
    Things to bring
    Urien (w 4 Grots in Raider w FF) 1 Grot with LG and 1 Aberration w Venom Blade
    Haemonculus Ancient with WWP and Grots in Raider
    4x10 Wracks (1 w LG) and 1 Acothyst
    3x Talos with Chain Flails and Heat Lance (You will be mowing everything down in site since you focus on vehicles)

Turn 1- Move both grots forward (Urien should turbo while the ancient should deploy the WWP)
    Move Wracks forward
    Turn 2- Get lucky with Talos coming from WWP.

Things to remember its the talos who will be popping vehicles so you need the WWP to help. Personally I would add beasts but that may not hit the fluff. Also two ways to bring the scourges. Sit back with DL or Haywire blaster or deepstrike with Heat lance. Be sure to upgrade the S of the Grots with Urien
    Last edited by mrvegas; June 18th, 2011 at 02:27.

9. Thanksthiazi thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is urien really a better choice than and additional 3 haemonculi?

I was thinking of 6 haemonculi w/ 2 ancients
    and 2 sqauds of grots. or do i need the strenght upgrade from urien?

this also gives me a haemonculus for each of the four wrack sqauds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by thiazi
    is urien really a better choice than and additional 3 haemonculi?

I was thinking of 6 haemonculi w/ 2 ancients
    and 2 sqauds of grots. or do i need the strenght upgrade from urien?

this also gives me a haemonculus for each of the four wrack sqauds.
    How many points is that again?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no idea on points, but we normaly play 2.5k and up in my area so points should not be a problem

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

That's not too bad. It's just over 300 points with no upgrades. But considering a haemy is basically a caddy for upgrades...

Anyway, if you're running a lot of grots wouldn't urien be nice for the strength bonus?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

urien is nice for what he does, also taking 3 haemy is taking 3 kp instead of 1 kp. youre already going to give up a ton of raiders for kp.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast