Confirming Ork Transport Abilities : BW, LW, and Trukks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirming Ork Transport Abilities : BW, LW, and Trukks

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to quickly post a few questions I had related to Ork Tpt vehicles and how it impacts shooting, deff rolling, disembarking.

1. BW w/ DR ( Tank / Open Topped) -
    a. I can move 12" (13 RPJ) , Disembark 2", Run D6 with WAAGH!, then assault 6". Right?

b. I can move 6" (7 RPJ), shoot all my weapons Kannon, 4x BS or 4x Rokkits or whatever. Right? or am I limited to a single weapon to shoot because the BS and Rokkits are not classified as defensive weapons? So is it even worth taking 4x BS or say 4x Rokkit to get those much needed S8 shots in the shooting phase?

I can still technically disembark before the shooting phase 2" and then shoot/assault accordingly.

c. In the Mov Phase, I declare my tank shock against a squad, so I have to determine the distance 1-12", then I measure, move, and stop when I am in BtB with the enemy model. It is not here that we resolve the D6 DR or 2xD6 DR attacks?

Then potentially my BW will continue the remainder of its declared distance, stop, I can then dismount 2", Shoot, then Assault?

d. If your BW has moved say 12", had a succesful DR atk against a squad, then that squad assaults you on their turn. Do I still get those lovely DR attacks back in the Assault?? Or am I helpless and he hits me on 6's since I moved at cruising speed?

2. Trukk (fast, open topped)
    - Pretty much the same rules as above for moving, dismounting, and assaulting right? Except if it had more then 1xBS it could shoot them all?

3. LW. (tank, open topped)
    - Same as BW I imagine except you have the 'dont press that rule' to worry about?

Thanks for any help with the above situations, specifically the BW as I really want to ensure I am following the rules. Even after reading the LRB, the passages have some what confused me as to what you are allowed to do.

If you have any favorite tactiks for your BW, moving, shooting, assaulting, Deff Rolling please post too

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Written it in your quote. Note the big difference to the truck

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster83 View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to quickly post a few questions I had related to Ork Tpt vehicles and how it impacts shooting, deff rolling, disembarking.

1. BW w/ DR ( Tank / Open Topped) -
    a. I can move 12" (13 RPJ) , Disembark 2", Run D6 with WAAGH!, then assault 6". Right?

b. I can move 6" (7 RPJ), shoot all my weapons Kannon, 4x BS or 4x Rokkits or whatever. Right? or am I limited to a single weapon to shoot because the BS and Rokkits are not classified as defensive weapons? So is it even worth taking 4x BS or say 4x Rokkit to get those much needed S8 shots in the shooting phase?

I can still technically disembark before the shooting phase 2" and then shoot/assault accordingly.

c. In the Mov Phase, I declare my tank shock against a squad, so I have to determine the distance 1-12", then I measure, move, and stop when I am in BtB with the enemy model. It is not here that we resolve the D6 DR or 2xD6 DR attacks? sounds right

Then potentially my BW will continue the remainder of its declared distance, stop, I can then dismount 2", Shoot, then Assault? Not sure

d. If your BW has moved say 12", had a succesful DR atk against a squad, then that squad assaults you on their turn. Do I still get those lovely DR attacks back in the Assault?? Or am I helpless and he hits me on 6's since I moved at cruising speed? Yes your helpless and he would hit you on a 6" a big drum with spikes is not scary unless it is flying towards you very fast!

2. Trukk (fast, open topped)
    - Pretty much the same rules as above for moving, dismounting, and assaulting right? Except if it had more then 1xBS it could shoot them all? No as a truck can move 18" as it is fast (so same as BW but just add 6" to everything it can do.

3. LW. (tank, open topped)
    - Same as BW I imagine except you have the 'dont press that rule' to worry about?

Thanks for any help with the above situations, specifically the BW as I really want to ensure I am following the rules. Even after reading the LRB, the passages have some what confused me as to what you are allowed to do.

If you have any favorite tactiks for your BW, moving, shooting, assaulting, Deff Rolling please post too

Cheers!
    Just remember
    when not moving a vehical can fire all weapons.
    When moving up to 6" it can fire 1 weapon and defensive weapons (these are any weapon which is S4 or below)
    and over 6" it can fire only defensive weapons.

A fast vehical like a ork truck is the same but add 6 to every measurement, so:
    When moving up to 6" a vehical can fire all weapons.
    When moving up to 12" it can fire 1 weapon and defensive weapons (these are any weapon which is S4 or below)
    and over 12" it can fire only defensive weapons.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Rafici! I appreciate the break down. Its nice to know the Trukks can move further.... and I bet you get another 6" if the the entire movement is on a roadway right?

Pretty sweet though that you can move that far on the first turn!

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Also remember if the vehicle moves over 6" (7 RPJ) none of the boyz inside can shoot
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

yes 6" more on a road.

Yes 1st turn assults are easily done if the oppenent is not careful as you have 12" from board edge start so after that you have a 18" move + 2" from the truck (not only a bit of each model has to be 2" from truck so the front of themodels base is basicall 3" from truck) + 6" assult gives you a massive 27" assult range on turn one.

Now on pitched battles you gap in the middle is only 24" so if your at the front of your 12" and they are within 3" of thier 12" line (assuming opposite) you can get them.

My friends (shooty armies) not always hug the back line so they cant get hit in the first turn.

On turn 2 you can add D6 more to that assult range as you can run with a waaaagh!
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent!

So going of what you said, technically I should be able to do this with a fully loaded Open Topped BW with Shootas:
    - Turn one: BW move 12, Dsmt 2", Shoot up to 18"
    - Turn two: mount up Shootas, move 6", shoot with all shootas 18" from hull, and shoot 1x BW main gun.
    - Turn three: BW move 12, Dsmt 2", Shoot up to 18" OR Waagh D6, then assault

???

This sounds like a pretty solid plan if you are pitched battle and they are lined up. Of course that doesnt include many factors like IG large blast templates etc... but its possible right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafici View Post
    yes 6" more on a road.

Yes 1st turn assults are easily done if the oppenent is not careful as you have 12" from board edge start so after that you have a 18" move + 2" from the truck (not only a bit of each model has to be 2" from truck so the front of themodels base is basicall 3" from truck) + 6" assult gives you a massive 27" assult range on turn one.

Now on pitched battles you gap in the middle is only 24" so if your at the front of your 12" and they are within 3" of thier 12" line (assuming opposite) you can get them.

My friends (shooty armies) not always hug the back line so they cant get hit in the first turn.

On turn 2 you can add D6 more to that assult range as you can run with a waaaagh!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    132 (x2)

woah woah guys, I feel i must interject.

"fast" vehicles extra movement benefits shooting in the way you have already described, however, any vehicle moving "flat out" cannot fire, even defensive weapons.

ie. truck moves 13-18" (not including rpj) and cannot fire anything.

also, if a "fast" vehicle moves "flat out" whether it is open-topped or not, the occupants may not disembark. I believe the only exception to this rule is Valkyries and Storm ravens which allow the occupents to "deep strike" out of the vehicle as it hurtles along.

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread