Ideas for playing against Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas for playing against Blood Angels

I have been collecting my Eldar army for a few months now and am almost ready to play my first game. I have a friend that has a Blood Angel army and we are gona play either a 1k or 1500 point basic kill points game. I was wondering what would you take against the BA's at ether point battle? Also what tricks do the BA's have up there sleeve that i should look out for?

Thanks
    Terveck

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major tricks: Feel no pain from priests, vehicles with "fast" (predators and such), lots of assault marines (with melta guns and power weapons setups possible). If I were playing them, id deffinately consider Banshees or other power weapons (to get around feel no pain). Rending is also a good choice (Harlequins if you can keep them from getting shot up before they pounce). Anything that can limit their mobility. Mainly, the feel no pain is gonna be the hard part, past that and some nasty special characters, they are still marines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Pretty much standard anti-SM with anti-CC added in. Units painted black, or that failed the Red Thirst roll, you are going to want to assault with a Guardian Squad early to keep them from assaulting you. Any units capable of assaulting SM and doing damage you want to assault the bogged down squads with. AP3 is great against power armour, AP2 if you suspect Termies. Land Raiders, ignore them early on, focus on eliminating as many of his other vehicles first (this will considerably cut down his ability to kill in the shooting phase). Keep mobile and keep shooting at his squads that aren't in combat. If he's running a lot of transports, just try to take them out early to slow him down.

At least that's my experience as a SM player
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Banshees, if used properly will be a huge deterrent against blood angels running heedlessly in your lines. You can even keep them in the back to have a counter-assault unit.

Dragons - self explanatory.

If you use tanks I would always move 12+ to have a cover save, do not assume that he will not reach you, BAs can deep strike pretty accurately and not having a flat out save may cost you couple tanks in a game. Always anticipate an accurate deep strike close to your weak spots.

Runes of Warding, I saw a lot of BA players bringing librarians to their blood feasting parties, ROW will deny a lot of spells and maybe if you are lucky actually hurt librarians.
    Also read the FAQs about BA and Eldar armies on GWs web site, it is very useful.

Try to keep you distance, and possibly deny charge.

Hope to see a battle report from you.
    Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread