What should I get for fun play - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should I get for fun play

Hi folks!

I'm an old SM/CSM player that has started to collect an ork army, got a megaforce as a starter.
    Got it really cheap so I have some funds left to expand my green horde.
    I'm looking to build an army that is fun to play, sure winning is fun but I like cool random events too =) . Have tested the Shock attack gun and it was most amusing..
    I prefer to play rather aggressively, get my boys in and pray that they do some damage.
    99% of my games are friendlies with 2000-2500 pts.
    I play against the following armies:
    IG army with 2 valkyria and 4 leman russ and a ********** of fooder
    CSM Nurgle Based army with usually 2 demon princes or 1DP/Typhus
    BA, jumpy, not many veichles.
    Tau, not so well built yet =)
    Space Wolves, also a newcomer in the group ie a newbie player
    Tyranids, Genestealer, warrior heavy.

Please come with suggestion what you like to field as an orkplayer and what might work at least OK against my opponents,
    My budget is about 400$ to start with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your going to need a hybred army becouse your friends armys are all completly different.
    if you dont care about winning use shock attack guns old zoggwart hes fun battle wagons grots and big guns (zzzap guns) unpredictable and fun storm boys with zagstruk as the nob leader hes awsome Ini 4 pk woop woop if he lands good that is he often ends up splating or completly missing looted wagons with boom guns

tell me what army you would like to beat the most and tell me if your a mek or CC type of guy and i will make you a fun/competative list that fits your budget.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...od-idea-3.html<-LOOK
    WWWAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHAAAHHHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Trukk's, SAG Big Mek, Weird Boy, Looted Wagon's, Deff Dreads, Burna's, Zaap guns, and Kommando's.

All crazy random and fun. (Well not the burna's, but I love me some templates).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the ideas..

Say I'd want to spank the BA and CSMs most (brothers play them =) ) I'd love to try a mechanized list. My wife got me 3 killa kans today and they seem nice. So go Mekkka!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will make you a mek list BA/DC and CSM tend to chop the green tide to peaces so your best of shooting them you wont need pie plates ither becouse both of those armys have low model counts you need high ap long distance and ork wackyness to beat them lol ill post the list tomorow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Hey Zarathos! The first thing you'll need is MORE BOYZ!!! We ork players live by the rule of quantity. You'll need a good core of boyz for objective claiming and fighting. Either sluggas or shootas will work, though shootas are championed as being better. Including a nob with powerklaw and bosspole is key for each unit of boyz. On foot, groups of 30: battlewagon, groups of 20: trukk, groups of 12.

If you include a warboss, a single unit of nobz or meganobz can be scoring units, so if you fancy the ork elites, this can work. Nobz and Meganobz are skilled at crunching through power or terminator armor, so they may work well for you. They're best when given a battlewagon or trukk.

Other than that, most of our units are pretty good. Rokkit buggies are a pretty safe bet for popping vehicles or power armored enemies. Lootas are also highly regarded. Really, its up to you: whatever models you can get for cheap, what fluff you like, which models look the coolest to you, etc. Its an ork army, have fun with it!

I will have to disagree with one previous post though: Zagstrukk. He is screwed after the first turn of combat and deepstriking with him is risky. Better to use a stormboy unit with a nob with PK in my opinion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Big mek shock attack gun 95 put him in the looter squad

Big mek KFF (kustom force field) 110 put him in the b waggon
    pk (power klaw)

TROOPS
    30x shoota boys
    3x big shootas 195 dont move these keep them in cover

30x shoota boys
    3x big shootas 195 dont move these keep them in cover

HEAVY SUPPORT
    3x killa kans
    kustom mega blastas amour plates 195 kustom mega blastas strength 8 ap 2 termi killers

battle wagon
    kill kannon,4 rokkits 190 the mek with the KFF is inside of this giving the rest of your boys
    killa kans a cover save

looted wagon 105
    boom gun

deff dread
    2 close combat weapons,grot riggers 120
    amour plates

ELITES nobz are a must they arnt meky at all and using combi weapons is
    9x nobz pointless they are lean meen green killin machiens theyl kill
    1x pain boy anything they come into contact with 4+save re roles 5+invunrable
    cybork bodys,eavy amour,3x pks 405 re roles 2 wounds 5 attacks each on the charge strength 5 10 for the
    Truk 35 pks they kill termis and tanks alike AWSOMENESS.

15X LOOTERS 225 put the looters with the shock attack gun 45 strength 7 shots good
    for killing infantry and fast attack vehicles land speeders bikes
    and such

15X BURNA BOYS 225 well what can i say about these guys 15 flamer templates or 15
    power weapons however they must be in a transport they are bullet
    magnets and die like a regular ork put them in the b waggon

2095 take out what you dont like the looks of to make it 2000

And to save money hear is some tips for ordinary boys go to ebay and buy half a aobr theres 20 boys in a box and 5 nobs
    you get deff copters to but i dont use them the boys in the box are sluggas but proxy and say there shoota boys
    (theres not much diffrance) these cost £19 ebay
    buy a box of nobz chop the arms of the aobr nobz and use the proper nob weapons on them you will need a bit of green
    stuff.
    The burnas and looters come in the same box use 15 burnas with the proper burna bodys BUT use the looter guns on ordinery
    boys bodys they fit perfect and use a looter head you cant tell the diffrance youl save 90$ there or so.
    looted wagons go on ebay buy a delapidated lemanrus that some child has destroyed with bad glueing and paint,turps it
    scrub it and you will have to buy a truk inside the box there is plenty of amour plates with orky symbols on them
    use them and there will be a wrecking ball in there to glue it on the looted wagon makes it look major orky.

Pain boy inside of the nobs box there is a strange set of arms 1 is a disc saw and the other is a jack hammer i
    beleave americans call em there both right hand arms but the disc saw can be glued to the left sanded down and
    green stuffed and it looks like a normal left arm look at my deff jesters project theres a ic of a converted pain
    boy in there.
    you already have killer cans the deff dread on the other hand your guna have to pay full wack becouse of the new
    models but lets face it there fricken awsome and often a center peace in the newer ork armys.

The battle wagon if your realy straped for cash im guna say get another delapidated lemanrus some plasticard and
    a felt tip pen and make a boom gun for it other than that your guna have to fork out for a real one IMO buy a
    real one.
    Not a money saver but a heads up meks dont have pks unlesss its the oop forge world one wich i dream about its
    gawjuss so go on ebay and there will be single pks for sale on there.

If you decide to use this list DO NOT change the nobz lootas or burnaz these are WIN troops i could do this list
    for £250-$401 as it stands if you wana go ultra cheap get 4 half aobr kits use 2 squads of nobs and the deff
    deff copters all of the boys and throw in your killa kans and a warbosses super kitted out and a battle wagon
    with the works you can get a b waggon up to 300 pts no need for half of the upgrades but that would be a ultra
    cheap way of doin it ill make you a ultra cheap list if you realy want lol.
    sorry for spelling i dont have spell checker or word some cheb end will have a go at me i know it they always doo but there you have it

9. Thankszarathos thanked for this post.
    Likezarathos liked this post.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

KANZ KANZ! You should use da KANZ KANZ! You will luv da KANZ KANZ! You should get sum....KAN-KAN-KAN-KAN-KAN-KAN-KANZ!

^_^
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    KANZ KANZ! You should use da KANZ KANZ! You will luv da KANZ KANZ! You should get sum....KAN-KAN-KAN-KAN-KAN-KAN-KANZ!

^_^
    kan wall ftw im yet to see it work lol the new models are epic tho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Yet to see it work? Killa Kans are fantastic. They're cheap enough to throw in to any army, they're very deadly (especially if given grotzookas), and if they're within range of a KFF, they can last quite a while, too. Their real specialty, however, is guarding objectives. Yes, they can't actually claim objectives, but they're a significant threat to any enemy troops or vehicles that try to get past them to get to your objective.

This is the 2000 point list a friend of mine uses, and I have yet to beat it (we've fought to a draw several times, but I've never beaten it). It may seem a little weird at first, but trust me, it works:

Big Mek w/KFF
    Big Mek w/KFF

Deff Dread w/1 big shoota and 1 skorcha
    Deff Dread w/1 big shoota and 1 skorcha
    20 Shoota Boyz w/nob, pk, bp
    30 Shoota Boyz w/nob, pk, bp

5 Nobz w/painboy, cybork, 'eavy armor, powerklaw, waaaugh banner, bosspole
    5 Nobz w/painboy, cybork, 'eavy armor, powerklaw, waaaugh banner, bosspole

3 Killa Kans w/grotzookas

The Deff Dreads, Killa Kans, and Nobz are all kept near a KFF, with the boyz spread out behind them, to claim objectives and shoot at anything that dares to come within melta range of the walker wall. Why the nobz? They may seem like sitting ducks without a transport, but they're actually quite effective here. The trick is, if his opponent's use high strength shooting against them, to cause instant death, then they're not using that shooting against the walkers. In this circumstance, the nobz are effectively tiny killa kans. It's rather sneaky.

Of course, this list isn't good at claiming distant objectives, since nothing in it is very fast, but it's a very difficult army to decisively beat, even with a 'competitive' list. There's just too many walkers and boyz protected by KFFs for most armies to cut through.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

13. Thankszarathos thanked for this post.
    Likezarathos liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast