Question about We'll be back - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about We'll be back

Hello.

Can anybody tell me what happens if a necron Lord is killed in the shooting face and then in the assault face a squad with power weapons wipes out a Necron warrior's squad?
    Do they benefit from the WBB rule or not?

I have searched every text in the Necrons Codex but I can't find an answer in this question.Plzz help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

You check to see if the models benefit from the resurrection orb when they take damage, the most current necron FaQ deals with this (bottom left question of the first page) and it can be found here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'll tell you right now, your first mistake was letting the lord get shot in the first place. Is the lord has a Rez orb then he should be joined to a squad, in this case your warrior squad. So your lord should have never died.

To answer your question, no they would not get WBB because the lord was already dead at the time the warriors died. Even if he died in the same phase, say a few SM guys with power weapons attack your lord at I5 and kill the lord then the rest of the power weapon group say at I4 kill some warriors...they would not be granted WBB because the lord was not alive when warriors died.

As depressing as it sounds if you play it right, this should almost never happen.
    Egyptian Crons
    (W/L/D)
    23/5/2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

As stated above, your Lord should ALWAYS be attached to something and never alone on the table. Wound allocation allows you to make sure you take 'other' casualties than him first.

And 2nd as stated, it's timing. Your orb was DOWN before the warriors tested to see if they could use it. This means no the warriors would not get to use it unless the timing was simultaneous.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend, Mr Re-Roll, thought that he could kill my lord with 1 or 2 Mind Wars if he was a bit lucky and then rape my army. However, some guys at my local store told me that the ressurection isn't losing its effect, even if the necron lord is laid down, since the ressurection orb is still 6 inches close to the warriors.
    If you examine the issue it from the fluff point of view, the ressurection is laid down and, thus, the warriors still have their WBB. However, lots of things cannot be explained via the fluff, so I guess you're right.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

FYI, if the LORD dies with an Orb it states in the codex HE can use it, but no other rule allows a dead wargear piece to ever work. While he's down he's counted as battle field debris, not a model or wargear. Hence why the warriors don't get the Orb.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

+ Reply to Thread