Seer council in wave serpent - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seer council in wave serpent

Will it be a good choice to give the council a SW intead of the jetbikes?
    Since we can't be both fortune and turbo-boost,and they are exposed
    if we need to pay for 20points per model to have the jetbike
    Why do we just take a SW? It has force field, you can flat out and be fortuned
    It's not open-topped so that we can move-->shoot>ASSAULT, and still T3 without the (4)
    But I think It's fair enough and you can bring the beloved Eldrad to have a crazy ride
    We may buy the vectored engines for safety and sometime star engines for some purposes
    The wave serpent mainly mounted guns for anti-infantry, SC upgrade not needed since it may always move 12'
    the council is with plenty of Singing spears and destructors,will it be nice!

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the main reason is a 4++ at toughness 3 is really only ok. If your Wave Serpent moves at all the seers can't assault they also don't have fleet so you have to also account for that. BUT if you want to do it, it can work! Basically I would choose one role: Anti-tank/Assault/Horde Kill.

Anti Tank: All spears one or 2 with embolden
    Assult: Enhance/Embolden/No spears/S
    Horde:All Destructor with maybe one embolden/enhance

I would personally do anti tank option as they could work with fire dragons and not die as fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fombat View Post
    Well the main reason is a 4++ at toughness 3 is really only ok. If your Wave Serpent moves at all the seers can't assault they also don't have fleet so you have to also account for that. BUT if you want to do it, it can work! Basically I would choose one role: Anti-tank/Assault/Horde Kill.

Anti Tank: All spears one or 2 with embolden
    Assult: Enhance/Embolden/No spears/S
    Horde:All Destructor with maybe one embolden/enhance

I would personally do anti tank option as they could work with fire dragons and not die as fast.
    I see your point
    In wave serpent we can easily protect them from S4 to S6 shots, may be also from plasma
    Ya, in fact why I think about it is because.............I don't know how to convert them on jetbikes......
    And we also can't put Eldrad on it
    Oh yea, I play the way of Ulthwe by the way......

anyone does have experience to convert them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is true and ya your wave serpents should do well against plasma fortune turboboost is always pretty hard to mess with.
    Thats cool I play Saim Hann so generally like bikes haha

Uhm if you want to convert bikes out of them get a high elf mage that is mounted put him ona bike with like a farseer head. For warlocks either get Storm Guardians for their heads or use half the warlock body and put it on regular rider legs. Then you could also green stuff some robes too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Mobility, all too easily stolen.
    Endurance, never truly admittable.

Nay, it's not that good idea after all...
    My beloved Eldar force, I'll judge your roster core. I appreciate your concern, You're gonna think and learn. Rep me... rep me, my friend.

7. LikeJackolas liked this post.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

If you're going to use a Seer Council (which I never would) you might as well do it properly and put them on jetbikes. The important thing is to get them into combat quickly and efficiently so they can cause the most damage since the main reason to use them is that they're virtually unbeatable in combat. If you have them in a Wave Serpent, it's going to be a prime target for your opponent because they don't want 500 points of close combat mayhem dicing their army to bits. So they're going to aim as much fire as they can at it until it's destroyed, and then your Council is left on foot to be picked off at leisure not harming anyone, then a third of your army is gone (hint: that's why I don't use Seer Councils).

~ Acarna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I feel there are a couple of reasons to run a council in a serpent instead of on bikes. First is theme, I know a lot of people play mainly to win but there are those that don't want to use jetbikes. In older codex farseers couldn't take a bike so some feel that it isn't "right" to have them on bikes now or don't want to step on the toes of the saim hann craftworld. Second is cost, a serpent is going to run just over 100 points perhaps a bit more if you put on extra options. This is less than 6 jetbikes. For equal points there will be more men inside the serpent than on bikes. Third is armor saturation, bikes can be hurt by small arms fire ( not well with a rerolled armor save but it is possible ) this gives your enemy something to shoot at if the unit doesn't have an AT weapon. The serpent adds one more tank to the mix to stretch AT even more. A council and a couple of fire dragon serpents makes for some tough choices on targeting. The last reason is for named characters. Eldrad, yriel, or even a PL can join warlocks inside a transport but they can't effectively join a bike squad because they slow it down far to much.

Note I am not saying a squad in a serpent is catagoricly better or that the bikes are the only way to go ( the toughness, better save and easier assault is very nice ). I am simply pointing out reasons for taking a council in a serpent instead of on bikes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I've got a council in a serpent because I have the figs from back in the old edition when they were good on foot. Even if you're starting new, a council in a serpent is a whole lot cheaper than a jetbike council in real dollar costs.

It's cheaper in points too, and that shouldn't be discounted. Maybe consider it as Serpent+Eldrad+warlocks vs Regular Seer+Warlocks on jetbikes since those are going to be about the same in points and Eldrads pretty good stuff.

When comparing the two...hmmmm can the jetbikers still fleet? If not (because of that 3+ armor rule I seem to recal in the dex) than the assault range difference between deploying sloggers and jetbikes isn't as great.

Personally I usually put a star engine in the seers serpent because I'll almost always want them moving and to fortune that serpent. At that point it becomes a firepower sponge and they can target it all they want. I'm much rather have that serpent go down than lose the four other serpents they could have shot out of the sky with the same shooting attacks. The council can always just mount up again in a different serpent. But with a 36" move they're often within assault range after their first move and will just spend the rest of the game on foot anyway going between enemy units.

If you're using Eldrad the warlocks inside should be fortuned too and come out pretty well if there is a crash.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

i put my council in a serpent for many reasons.

1) bike council is expensive as ****
    2) pain in the ass to convert
    3) i can put eldrad in there
    4) because of the new faq we cant fortune and turbo so why waste the points into another fortune seer, or the time in creating ways around it that wont always work
    5) waveserpents can ward off blows that a bike council could not especially if the serpent is fortuned and has a cover save.
    6) i run a serpent list so it blends right in. people are scared shitless of the all so powerful bike council but they don't realize that a serpent one is just as deadly.

my 6 reasons for taking a serpent council

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x3)

One other thing I'm recalling from playing against the biker seer council is that, becuase the models are right out there and have a huge footprint they can be charged.

Now, a key reason the jetbike seer council is so solid is that they're rock hard and can dish it out too. But in this case I hit them with a squad of scorps and their fortune seer. Now, it isn't like I wiped them out. As I recall the two groups just ground slowly at each other the rest of the game. But it was still a good deal as he had twice the points tied up in that combat.

Other armies have ways to tar 'em up with units much cheaper than mine. However since I often use my counciled star engined serpent as mobile terrain they almost never actually get charged and get ot avoid the tarpits and go for the good stuff in addition to getting that extra attack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast