Librarium Online Forums banner

Nearing Completion

709 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  trinkett42 
#1 ·
Months of painting aside roughly 2500-3000pts of fieldable 'Nids, and I'm happy to be done with the majority of painting. Now some minor conversations here and there and basing to do. So far my 'Nids look really great on their snow bases and the terrain I've made is coming along. I have escalating Army lists for 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 2850, and now 3000. 8) Okay that was all just fun stuff cause I'm happy with my snow basing and just wanted to post, I do have questions for you guys to answer though.

On Converting, I'm toying with converting 2 genestealers 1 from each of the two broods I field with Scything Talons mainly just for aesthetics but on the rare chance I play 3000 points I got lucky and got to waste some points on their upgrades. If mounting talons which set of genestealer arns would you cut to mount them on, front pair or back pair. Or maybe would you think to just mount the talons off the shoulders or mid back area. I've stuck them in several places with some putty just to see what I like but wanted to see what others thought.

Oh and concerning mounting damage on Vehicles. What page in the 4th ed BB is that on? Do glancing hits build up or something with VC's? I don't recall reading that but got that from reading a few posts here lately, anyone clear that up?

Thanks for reading, I'm off to make more snow!

See less See more
#2 ·
Originally posted by trinkett42@Oct 14 2004, 18:56
On Converting, I'm toying with converting 2 genestealers 1 from each of the two broods I field with Scything Talons mainly just for aesthetics but on the rare chance I play 3000 points I got lucky and got to waste some points on their upgrades. If mounting talons which set of genestealer arns would you cut to mount them on, front pair or back pair. Or maybe would you think to just mount the talons off the shoulders or mid back area. I've stuck them in several places with some putty just to see what I like but wanted to see what others thought.
- Unless these are weapon beast mutants, the whole brood has to have the ST biomorph.

- The technically proper place for the GS STs would be in place of the foremost arms. This is shown in example in the codex (page 23). But I'm sure you can be a little creative as long as you stay WYSIWYG.

#3 ·
They are not weapon beasts, more for aesthetics as I said. On the rare chance I should play with them with ST, I just want a couple modeled to represent it. No one I ever play with at comic shops or even tournaments I've played in has ever strictly enforced WYSIWYG, as I'm one of the few people that even has their entire army painted where I'm from. It's just for me to have one in each brood to show it if I play them that way.

#5 ·
Originally posted by JûrgenMaister@Oct 15 2004, 00:51
The genes front "hands" have three "fingers".
I just cut off the to side fingers. That way I can field them as either Scytal or ordinary genes.
I also get spare parts that I use for renclaw jaws on ripper. :)
[snapback]230288[/snapback]​
Thats actually a very smart way of a simple conversion that can still be played either way! Thanks for the tip.

#7 ·
Originally posted by trinkett42@Oct 15 2004, 04:56
Oh and concerning mounting damage on Vehicles. What page in the 4th ed BB is that on? Do glancing hits build up or something with VC's? I don't recall reading that but got that from reading a few posts here lately, anyone clear that up?
--- Certainly!

This refers to a change GW made to vehicle damage tables and applies to all weapons, not just VCs... Thought it does make "Glancing Only" a bit more bearable!

4thEd Page 67. "Armament Destroyed" and "Immobilized", and remember to read the "Note:" at the end of "Immobilized". The point essentially is that You always have some effect on a vehicle, no more useless multiple results!

#8 ·
Originally posted by Uzi-99@Oct 15 2004, 17:48
--- Certainly!

This refers to a change GW made to vehicle damage tables and applies to all weapons, not just VCs... Thought it does make "Glancing Only" a bit more bearable!

4thEd Page 67. "Armament Destroyed" and "Immobilized", and remember to read the "Note:" at the end of "Immobilized". The point essentially is that You always have some effect on a vehicle, no more useless multiple results!
[snapback]230786[/snapback]​
Translation: You can glance a vehicle to death now!! WEEEE!

#9 ·
Rending claws are the arms which resemble hands. Like on the TMC sprue, the giant point hand is a rending claw. they ahve these on genestealers, and an extra set of arms with three finger like claws. Just take green stuff and extend these and presto! Wolverine Genestealers!

#10 ·
I went on and did my conversions this afternoon, I decided to just have the ST coming of the back, off the sockets where the other two sets of arms meet. I rather enjoy the way this looks, makes them extra mean looking!

#12 ·
Originally posted by Nayra@Oct 17 2004, 19:39
Nice, when you paint them and such post us up some pics so we can see those bad boys :)
[snapback]231971[/snapback]​

Everything is painted and last night I started the 1st half of basing them. The 1st step of my snow looks nice, once thats dried I do the 2nd part tomorrow. Then 80 or so Gaunts to do and I'll start taking and posting pictures. This weekend is a big playing event at a local shop so I'm hoping to have almost all of it done by then, pictures within 2 weeks I hope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.