Twin Linked Spine Fists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys! Another query I have come up with is : Are Spine Fists twin-linked? Its probably the stupidest question anyone's asked because it isn't in the codex, but, if you think about it, it would be pretty stupid to have two spinefists (one per hand) and only shoot one. Anyway, the broadside's TWO railguns are twin-linked, as are the IG's tank's lascannons. They should be, but then again, they're only troops.

Anyone know if GW is going to make the gaunts or any other model cheaper points-wise? Hormagaunts are 10 pts! A space marine is like 17 (i don't know anyone who plays sm) points and their entire profile is - WS - 4 BS - 4 S - 4 T - 4 blah blah blah. Either they should make Hormagaunts 7 points and Termies 5 points ( Spinegaunts 3 points ) or make the bio-morphs cheaper or make the gaunts stronger and a better save, maybe 5+ without Ex. Carapace :lol:

The Lictors and Raveners better be tuned down in points or done-up in strength. Their save's are terrible and according to my friend's friend's brother they are both not worth their points in close combat. I hope he's wrong cause they were both in my army list. Lictors are 80 points. 3 Lictors is an entire brood of gaunts!

My Raveners would have RC and ST so they'd be the cheap 45 pters which, compared to a biovore with 1 Spore Mine or a Tyrant Guard OR a warrior, is kinda bad, seeing as the raveners have shocking save. They better get a 4+ save, so should the warriors. It's shocking! Biovores are kool, they don't need anything. ( a save is asking to much from GW).

Wow! I got from talking about Spine Fists to this is one listing! And its the first! I realy should shut up now! :blush:

PS: Help Appreciated.

To Top

"If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lictor is actually 65pts.
    So says the CA on the GW website.
    "I keep the bible in a pool of blood,
    so that none of it`s lies can affect me."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it? in the codex it says 80. sometimes the guys at GW are wrong but i don't know.
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

As spine fists do not mention being twin linked, then they are not even though there are two of them.

There is a post about lictors, read that. They suck in combat but some people use them for scare tactics.

Marines are a bit less than 17 points, I won't give the exact value unlike you two. :glare: The advantage of hormagaunts is they are so fast, but against marines they do get killed easily and can't touch power armoured models.

Raveners are certainly worth their points in combat, with scything talons and rending claws they get stacks of attacks and chew up anything. They are very fragile though.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I keep the bible in a pool of blood,
    so that none of it`s lies can affect me."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't White Dwarf monthly? So issue 242 was sometime way back in early 2000.

The codex is from 2001... So the points are as stated in the codex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 without rending claws and scything talons, 80 in total

at least that is what i think

3 pts spinegaunts ....i dont think so

in a 2000 pts game, you could have 192 spinegaunts, with a points total of 576

2000 - 576 = 1424

so thats 1424 pts left for tyrants, carnifexes and tons of other units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

The Lictor link is OLD, as has been stated...

Note this?
    Originally posted by Andy C.
    (steady, steady, the Codex is still a long way off)
    --- When combined with the approximate publishing date calculated from the issue number, that means this article was written before the 3rdEd Codex came out... Which means it has been redundant for a few years already.

3rdEd Codex has the current rules for the Lictor and were stuck with those for at least 3 months, if not more.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread