Your funniest, most ridiculous, strangest, weirdest Tyranid Experiences. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Your funniest, most ridiculous, strangest, weirdest Tyranid Experiences.

Hi guys,

I was inspired to make this thread after what happened in my previous game.

I had the Doom of Malan'tai dropping down from a Spore, he comes on, he sucks life out of everyone. The opponent then throws everything he has at him, and after a 4th Krak missile he dies from Instant Death. Not as helpful as he normally is, but that's beside the point. My opponent, seeing as it was Turn 4 and the Mycetic Spore was the only thing in charge range of his Dreadnought (also he was on the other side of the field to the rest of my army), charged the Mycetic Spore. Then the craziest thing happened. After getting decent rolls all game, my opponent gets crap rolls and scores no wounds against the Spore. The Spore then fights back, and I get miraculous rolls! I wreck the dreadnought with a creature that can't move that has the intelligence of a Meridian Razor Slug! My opponent conceded after that.

Anyone else had similar experiences? Or have you had retardedly good or bad dice rolls in the game which has caused something absolutely abnormal to happen? Share anything and everything like this in this thread.

Post away,

The Warlord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i once had 5 bare genestealers kill 3 killakans in 3 rounds of battle without losing a single genestealer. Only when the last kan exploded one perished.

A bit later on the 4 surviving genestealers managed to kill 11 ork boys and a further 10 because of fearless for a total of 21 in a single round.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

I've played a game where my friend (Nid player) rage quit in my second turn because my obliterators blasted his tyrant guard into the next millenium and my daemon prince of tzeentch continued to pass 2 psychic test with 3d6, hit the hive tyrant with a wind of chaos, and then finish him off in combat even though I was hitting on 5s, thanks to warptime. He shot two full squads of hive guard at a predator in the side and only managed to blow its twin-linked lascannon off. And his 2 zoanthropes couldn't hit my thousand sons with their warp blast and then got killed in one round of return fire from them. It was safe to say the dice didn't like him that game.
    Last edited by The Silent One; August 14th, 2011 at 20:23.
    One shall stand, and one shall fall.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

2 opposing Doom of Malanthi's sucking each others souls for several rounds is always entertaining to watch.

However my prize moment has to go to the little zoanthrope who single handedly killed over 400 points of models when he was assaulted by a space marine captain and accompanying command squad. The marines wiffed, the zoanthrope rocked forward and headbutted one to death. 2 Failed leadership checks later and the marines fled the board.

Worst moment goes to the swarmlord, who managed 5 1's to wound on a group of Paladins during one of those pivital game changing combats you get sometimes. He didn't survive.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

In the Theatre of War, taking centre stage.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    179 (x5)

My main bad experience was not in a game...no it was buying a Pyrovore, spending ages trying to build it, then sitting back, relaxing and finally getting round to reading its codex entry -_-

however there was a case of my Zoanthrope (god i love those things) blasting the hell out of my opponents Land Raider as he seemed to focus all his fire on my Trygon, My entire squad of 20 Gargoyles being wiped out in 2 turns and managing to kill 1 guy, my genestealers lurking round the battlefield doing nothing, my gaunts running around aimlessly as they were out of synapse range, my pyrovore trying to take on a squad of terminators and at the pivitol moment, my hive tyrant failed to take out the 3 sniper scouts with his Thorax Swarm, meaning i didnt quite win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once had a charging genestealer fail with his life in cover against 2 firewarriors.

An other one was that my captain Sicarius/wolverine model with command squad (previous edition) managed to wipe 2 times 10 genestealers ON HIS OWN along a few others in a 2vs 2 game.
    The first batch he got the charge an with furious charge matched the initiative of the genestealers. he then proceded to kill 5 genestealers and receiving no wounds from them. The genestealers fail morale and are then run over by Sicarius.
    The next group then zeroed in on him, at which my commander decided to retreat in the woods. My opponent was methodically forgetting to give them fleshhooks back then. a point i exploited. the geanestealers charge with lowered initiative and were again cut down by my commander and overrun.
    My commander and command squad, that only once yet had to dispose of a lictor at that point then took the initiative and aggressively began to engage other targets. He followed up by assisting in killing an engaged warrior, struck down a zoanthrope while leaving a warrior brood for the other player and then only fiannly met his end at the hand of a hive tyrant. The hive tyrant himself did not survive tho, as the command squad avenged the commander's demise with the tyrant's death.

the next game, first my opponent asked was if that model was using the same stats as previously. Sicarius had left a deep respect.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 Devilgants. One Fatebringer. Five wounds. Five ones for his 3++ save. Four ones for his reroll.

One Trygon Prime with one wound left. A single Crisis Suit. I charge his suit through cover, he hits my Trygon Prime once, managed to wound, I fail my 3+, and then my 4+ FNP from my Tervigon. Lost that game by one kill point too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's quite known among the players I play with that statistically I fail way more psychic test and dangerous terrain test then I should. Way more, Im around 40% right now for my perils of the warp with my Zoanthropes but only my Zoanthropes, other psychic powers never seem to fail me.
    But on the other hand, I don't use Terviogns a lot, because personally I'm just not that fond of it. It's a great monster and all but I just don't have that feel with it. Anyways, the times that I do use it, I spawn a glorious amount of termagants.
    I remember a game where a single tervigon Spawned, Turn 1: (6,5,4) Turn 2: (6,5,3) Turn 3 (6,3,2) Turn 4 was a bit less with (4,2,1) and on Turn 5 spawned (6,6,5) for a grand total of around 60 termagants, it was a good day for the tervigon. In a other game I dont remember the numbers but I do know that with 2 tervigons I spawned over a hundred termagants. I don't use them often but when I do, they are gold encrusted, diamonds filled monsters! Btw, we are just a casual group which are slowly building up towards WYSIWYG, so thank god I didn't have to own that number of termagants yet .

Ow and one time someone managed to drop his beer on the table, spilling quite a lot of beer on my friends space marines and after cleaning them and putting them back they were miraclously out of charge range. Still normally this doesnt happen, the golden rule is, no fluids near the gaming table, this is what happens when you dont listen!
    Nom, Nom, Nom, the tyranids eat yow face

jboweruk

I had a game where my libby killed a carnifex, he stabbed it, got a hit, got a wound, then got a double 1 on his force weapon roll, killing both the carnifex and himself. It allowed my command unit to chase off a group of Gargoyles. Meantime my opponent's Trygon DS's next to my Devastators, kills 2, then dies to an absolute hail of bolter fire. No heavy stuff, just bolters.

+ Reply to Thread