Would jetbike spam work at all? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Would jetbike spam work at all?

The general idea with spamming something is that the enemy has to bring varied weaponry to handle different foes they may encounter, and so by spamming you overload that part of their army.

Now, this works for me now with serpent spam. And it worked for me in the window between 4th edition and our new codex with infantry spam.

But I'm wondering if bike spam is just a stupid idea, or if maybe there's something in there that could work. (Though whatever we come up with in this thread, I'm going to Vassal it a few times before considering dropping cash to put a force together. Hmmmm would it be tourny legal if I got some jetbikey things from the dollar store and stuck real guardian defenders on 'em? )

Anyway the reason I'm concerned is that jetbikes, being somewhat expensive and having to make difficult terrain tests if they try to use cover, are actually fairly vulnerable to all weapons. Everything from lasguns to lascannons can chip away at them at a reasonable pace, wheras a serpent ignores the S5 or lower stuff and infantry with a cover save give up few points to lascannon fire.

Another issue is that while the jetbike council is a solid unit, the shining spears are excedingly vulnerable to something going wrong on the battlefield, and the guardian jetbike squads seem exceedingly short on hitting power both in shooting and assault.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shining spears can hit very, very hard. JBG on the other hand are really very good at contesting objectives and the like. Of course seer councils are really quite nasty, but that goes without saying. I'd say if you really have it in for them, take some troop bikes with warlocks with embolden, and keep them out of dodge. Play the best game of keep away of your life, and pray you don't roll up guard in a tourney.

Then again, thats kinda a theme with our dex. (QQ)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Kura View Post
    Shining spears can hit very, very hard.
    They do. If they charge, on the turn they charge, if they still have enough models left, and if their opponent isn't in cover and/or doesn't have a higher initiative.

JBG on the other hand are really very good at contesting objectives and the like.
    I dunno. Contesting for more than a turn almost always means close combat (At the least). Even with a re-roll on the leadership test, they aren't so reliable there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

The toughness of Jetbike Spam is the resilience of Marines Spam. Though Mares have better morale, close combat capabilities, more options and greater firepower.

And yet Mech MSU is Marines' choice of weap... armylist.
    My beloved Eldar force, I'll judge your roster core. I appreciate your concern, You're gonna think and learn. Rep me... rep me, my friend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

I personally would never risk it. Serpents are just, you know, better. And they allow for a far broader range of units and for lots more fun playing since you actually have to consider tactics. And the Jetbike models are horrible. And they're Guardians. And the list goes on.

~ Acarna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fritz 40K: Creating Skimmer Walls

I think he made his points. I don't play saim-hann though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acarna View Post
    And they allow for a far broader range of units and for lots more fun playing since you actually have to consider tactics. And the Jetbike models are horrible. And they're Guardians. And the list goes on.

~ Acarna
    I must disagree with you here. The jetbike models with switching out the riders actually look really nice, IMHO. Also on a tactical level, I play jetbike Eldar and you have to think two turns ahead in terms of moving most of the time. It takes time and tactics to win, sometimes when I started playing n00bs was hard, but now I've got it down and I must say it works and I enjoy it more than the generic eldar list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acarna View Post
    And they allow for a far broader range of units and for lots more fun playing since you actually have to consider tactics. And the Jetbike models are horrible. And they're Guardians. And the list goes on.

~ Acarna
    I must disagree with you here. The jetbike models with switching out the riders actually look really nice, IMHO. Also on a tactical level, I play jetbike Eldar and you have to think two turns ahead in terms of moving most of the time. It takes time and tactics to win, sometimes when I started playing n00bs was hard, but now I've got it down and I must say it works and I enjoy it more than the generic eldar list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersze View Post
    Fritz 40K: Creating Skimmer Walls

I think he made his points. I don't play saim-hann though.
    that list has very low offensive capabilities now that tanks are the rage. and ive never heard or seen him play a highly competitive tank spam list with his saim hann, thus in regards to this post i must say that jetbikes while fun will not ever be competitive on a tournament scale by spamming them out. and to be honest i think waveserpent spam has run its course in highly competitive tournaments grey knights, blood angels mostly have cheap counters to our expensive units and serpents.

+ Reply to Thread