Question about disembarking - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about disembarking

Ok here is my question.

I have a WS packed with Banshees that first turn flat out near an enemy squad.I have the WS face the enemy with it's exit point out of my opponents line of sight to avoid being hit in the rear. Next turn can I move on the spot and have the exit point face the enemy squad and then charge with my banshees?
    In the rulebook says that moving on the spot doesn't count towards moving (p.57) but in page 67 says that a squad embarked in a vehicle that moves on the spot can't charge the same turn!!!

Also let's say that a unit of Marines are embarked in a rhino.When the vehicle move's on the spot can the Marines fire their bolter's in their maximum range of 24''????

Also some other questions that I have from the FAQ.

In the FAQ says that:
    1) If a transport vehicle is destroyed in the same turn as
    it moved flat out what happens to any embarked
    models? (p70 )
    A: They are removed as casualties.

I can't find it in the rulebook!

2)Q: Can psychic powers be used on a unit embarked on
    a transport? (p50 )
    A: For simplicity’s sake, the answer has to be a firm ‘No,
    unless the psyker himself is in the unit being
    transported’

So assuming that I have a WS with some DireAvengers and Ulthran joined the squad and next to it an another WS with banshhes Ulthran can cast Fortune onto the DA but can't cast Fortune onto banshees right?
    Do this affect he WS itself? Can I cast Fortune on both WS?

Also do Holofields and Enrgy fields work when ramming a tank,in Deah or Glory,etc?

Last edited by MrRe-roll; August 28th, 2011 at 17:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

I have a WS packed with Banshees that first turn flat out near an enemy squad.I have the WS face the enemy with it's exit point out of my opponents line of sight to avoid being hit in the rear. Next turn can I move on the spot and have the exit point face the enemy squad and then charge with my banshees?
    No. As you said yourself, the rulebook says they can't.

Also let's say that a unit of Marines are embarked in a rhino.When the vehicle move's on the spot can the Marines fire their bolter's in their maximum range of 24''????
    No. They count as moving if the vehicle pivots, therefore (unless they have Relentless for some reason), they can only Rapid Fire.

1) If a transport vehicle is destroyed in the same turn as
    it moved flat out what happens to any embarked
    models? (p70 )
    A: They are removed as casualties.
    This is related to the fact that they cannot disembark (normally) if the vehicle has moved Flat-out or is going to move flat-out.

So assuming that I have a WS with some DireAvengers and Ulthran joined the squad and next to it an another WS with banshhes Ulthran can cast Fortune onto the DA but can't cast Fortune onto banshees right?
    Do this affect he WS itself? Can I cast Fortune on both WS?
    He can cast Fortune on both Wave Serpents (as it does not require Line of Sight) as well as the Dire Avengers, but not the Banshees.

Also do Holofields and Enrgy fields work when ramming a tank,in Deah or Glory,etc?
    Holofields yes, Energy Field yes, as long as the Death or Glory attack isn't a close combat attack.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thank's a lot Stradius one last question when saying that the vehicle is destroyed the same turn it has moved flat out does this include only your turn (e.g being destroyed for rolling 1 in a difficult terrain test) or either my turn and my opponents (e.g immobilising it with a mela weapon)?
    Last edited by MrRe-roll; August 29th, 2011 at 08:29.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Unless specified otherwise, turn always refers to "Player Turn". This means that it would only happen if destroyed in your own turn (1 on dangerous terrain, death or glory, ramming, or scattering blasts are the only things that can cause it).
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

+ Reply to Thread