The Final Decision - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the anwer is NO. they are not underpowered. i however think they may need more units
    or may be, for you guys you think they should have BS4 that is OVERpowered and so instead to make the firewarriors better,

they should have an 18" rapidfire range if they dont move, but still the 12" range if they move and shoot.

what you guys think?

Cheers
    Skello

Starting anew-september 22 2005

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, they're not underpowered. I still think something equivalent to sharpshooters would be nice. 13/24 chance or something.
    Sarchasm: the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the fool who doesn't get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

no they're not underpowered in the least.

sharpshooter? back off man! IG gets doctrines, not Tau!

rapid fire 18"? well i highly doubt they'll break the mold on rifles *twice* for Tau.

personally i think the FW is just fine. if you look at their shooting as from a kill/cost . they're the best in the game (alont with So.

i just think that Tau should have another unit or two.

a "Veteran Tau Squad" would be nice. Ld 8, BS4, etc (ala Veteran Guard).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with having veteran tau is that their veterans are either leading firewarrior squads or are in some kind of battlesuit. Personally if I was given an option, I'd ditch the pulse rifle and carapace armor for a battlesuit any day.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/QUOTE]The problem with having veteran tau is that their veterans are either leading firewarrior squads or are in some kind of battlesuit. Personally if I was given an option, I'd ditch the pulse rifle and carapace armor for a battlesuit any day.[QUOTE]

the reason people would take the vet squads(if there were some) would be the points cost, but ya tak the battle suit anyway as you said

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with having veteran tau is that their veterans are either leading firewarrior squads or are in some kind of battlesuit. Personally if I was given an option, I'd ditch the pulse rifle and carapace armor for a battlesuit any day.
    the reason people would take the vet squads(if there were some) would be the points cost, but ya tak the battle suit anyway as you said

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one thing we can all agree on is the tau are under powered against one particular opponent, necrons. We have no effective way of dealing with them, and they prove to be a nearly insurmountable challenege if you're playing a competent necron guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

yeah i hear ya. an FW has a 6.94% chance to kill a Necron Warrior... and considering that Tau is filled with BS3 Str5 guns.. and very little Str8 ap3 or better guns. .. Necrons tend to hurt.

but look at the bright side, Tau are the best race for taking out Monoliths.
    and C'tan don't pose much of a threat either.

but alas, it is the Necron Warrior that puts the smack down on Tau.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, against the Tau you can leave the monoliths and the C'Tan at home and just load up on more warriors and destroyers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about the damned hammer head? blast the crons to hell...coupled with ion cannons, rail guns (6 of them can feasibly kill 6 crons a turn plus the missiles from the broadsides...heavy 4 are they not?)

concentrated pulse rifle fire, crisis suit ion cannon and missile fire, broadside railgun and missile fire, hammer head ordnance fire, finished with a charge from the kroot...

and you people are complaining?
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast