UOTW: Genestealers and Broodlords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    With the Fellowship of the Bling
    39 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

2085 (x8)

UOTW: Genestealers and Broodlords

Hey guys,

No different to any other UOTW thread.
    Comment on play style, deployment, unit size, etc.

The Warlord

I'll start with my own.

Whenever I want to field a unit of 'stealers (which isn't often nowadays) I field them in a block of 17, including a Broodlord. I have them outflank. They always have Scything Talons. I don't give them anything else seeing as the Broodlord doesn't need those other upgrade as I use my other units to go character hunting, mainly a melee Tyrant or a Bonesword Warrior Brood.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Personally I like them a lot but they have their bad days. I Usually field them in a unit of 7 or 8 with a broodlord. I infiltrate them or outflank them. But I have been able on several occasions To get a turn one assault which is really awesome. Love that part . I rarely upgrade and at the end I usually end up have 2 points left and upgrade just the broodlord with Scything Talons. They rarely dissapoint me and have managed to wreck a good amount of vehicles as well due to their rending. I'm really fond of the models as well.
    Nom, Nom, Nom, the tyranids eat yow face

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

Genestealers for me either take the game or do nothing, rarely an in-between. People I play against know what they do and target them as quickly as possible or avoid edges so I can't flank. I like to fit in the Broodlord to absorb savable wounds (flame template, bolter fire, etc.), as well as the fact he's just pretty B.A. at his job. And who doesn't like Hypnotic Gaze? Powerfist got you down? Gaze it! Trygon gets too many attacks? Gaze it! It's pure awesome.

I tend to take 5-9 regular genestealers with the Broodlord, depending on the size of the game and other models I want to field. It needs to be big enough to withstand a round of shooting before making their target.

I kit them out with Toxin Sacs instead of Scything Talons, because you get more mileage out of rerolling missed Wounds (ave. 50% on marines) than you do rerolling 1's to hit. Broodlord runs naked.

+ Reply to Thread