How to go about playing a wwp list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

How to go about playing a wwp list

I'm intrested in doing a wwp list just because I like the idea of an army just popping out of the webway and destroying everything in sight, what units would be best to take? Also I'd love to include a razorwing, has anyone had any luck with them?

One shall stand, and one shall fall.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Thescilentone2608 View Post
    I'm intrested in doing a wwp list just because I like the idea of an army just popping out of the webway and destroying everything in sight, what units would be best to take? Also I'd love to include a razorwing, has anyone had any luck with them?
    Well the typical things for a WWP list I would include are:

Heavy
    2 Talos with HG/LG and Chain Flails
    1 Razorwing with Dissies, FF, and SC

Fast
    1 squad of Scourges with Haywire Blasters- You need some good antimech until the talos comes out of the WWP
    2 squads of Beastmaster x 5, Razorwing Flocks x 8, Khymera x 5- So nasty in CC

Delivery system
    2 squads of 1 Haemonculus (WWP and LG) with 4 Wracks in Venom (w SC & NS)

Troops could be either (Hellions with Baron or Wyches)
    Hellions are interesting because they come with skimmers so if the portal is surrounded they can still get out
    Wyches are cheap and effective for CC

Elites
    1 squad of 4 Grots (1 aberration with VB and 1 LG upgrade) with Haemonculus Ancient in Raider to fill an Elite slot. This could also be the Delivery system as well. Their high S with the 2nd pain token means a great way to pop vehicles. Incubi could also do well in this list
    2 squads of 3-5 Trueborn with 2 DL (Sniper Squad in cover) and Raider w FF. Raider can be used to screen enemy fire from shooting the delivery system.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Should I give any upgrades to the wyches? Also I'm trying to aim for a 1750pts list but I can't fit everything in that you put down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Should I give any upgrades to the wyches? Also I'm trying to aim for a 1750pts list but I can't fit everything in that you put down.
    If doing 1750 don't take grots. Make sure wych squads are units of 6-7. As far as upgrades for wyches really there is only two. Do you want your wyches to tarpit (Shardnet) or do you want your wyches to be attackers (Hydragauntlets). I would probably favor the hydra. You probably want to give them HWG so thats 82-94 points per squad. This allows the wyches to take out vehicles where needed. It may not be needed on all squads but I would give HWG to at least half. This allows you more flexibility when dealing with transports. Remember if the transport unit cant move or shoot your wyches aren't getting shot dead by rapid fire guns. (So 6 squads 6-7 wyches with HWG & Hydra = 492/564 points)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

So how about this? Its come to 1808pts and I don't know what to get rid of

Hq
    2 Haemonculus with wwp and lg 190pts

Troops
    4 Wracks xxpts
    Venom with sc and ff 75pts
    4 Wracks xxpts
    Venom with sc and ff 75pts
    7 Wyches inc a hydra gauntlet, a hekatrix with an agoniser and haywire grenades 130pts
    7 Wyches inc a hydra gauntlet, a hekatrix with an agoniser and haywire grenades 130pts

Elites
    3 Trueborn with 2 dark lances 86pts
    Raider with flicker fields 70pts
    3 Trueborn with 2 dark lances 86pts
    Raider with flickerfields 70pts

Fast Attack
    5 Scourges with 2 haywire blasters 130pts
    Beastmaster pack inc 4 Beastmasters, 5 khymerae and 8 razorwing flocks 228pts

Heavy Support
    Talos with a twin-linked liquifier gun and chain flails 115pts
    Talos with a twin-linked haywire blaster and chain flails 115pts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Well you dont have enough beastmasters so you have to drop some beasts, 2 razorwing flocks from each squad would make that legal and drop you 60pts.

Also your venoms come with free FF, you paid for them in your list above so that gives you another 20pts.

The wracks arent going to do anything at 4 strong so you may as well just take the minimum size of 3 and save some more points.

Wytch weapons arent reat, id drop the hydra gauntlets for a few more saved points.

The raiders should be able to find cover to hide in so their FF arent really necessary, id drop them too.

I'd switch the 2nd talos' liquifier gun for a haywire blaster (you cant take a liquifier gun and chain flails).

If you then drop 1 khymerae from each beastmaster squad you will have enough points free to take a third talos with a haywire blaster, (although you'd hae to drop a third khymerae to give it chain flails).

Hope that helps a bit.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

I thought for every beastmaster you take you could have two razorwing flocks unless I'm mistaken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Each beastmaster can have 1 of the following options:
    0-1 clawed fiend
    0-2 razorwing flocks
    0-5 khymerae

4 beast masters can take 8 razorwing flocks, but if they do so they may not take those 5 khymerae.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

421 (x8)

Sorry, I'm still confused by this. Can't one beastmaster have two khymerae and the others have one each?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Sorry, I'm still confused by this. Can't one beastmaster have two khymerae and the others have one each?
    So above it says:

If you consider each beastmaster can take 2 razorwing then 4 beastmasters =8 razorwing. You need a 5th beastmaster to get the khymera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast