Tanks! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok against smaller tanks like rhinos and chimeras use Genestealers and they dont always work but i find that a biovore or two can really help and venom cannons.
    against bigger tanks like russes just keep shooting your venom cannons at it and move bigger nids like carnifex in their or a winged tyrant. another really good way of taking out tanks is in 1500pts or more if u can bring the Red Terror and deep strike behind tanks, if that doesnt destroy it it will definatly keep it busy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK guys, honestly, I laughed when I saw this topic, but my laughter quickly turned to dismay when I saw some of you were honestly lost!

Carnifexes are gold against tanks. S10, +2d6, no tank stands up against them, not even a monolith (which is my pet hate, living metal is a b!+ch). I agree with the Venerable Dreadnought comment, DO NOT TOUCH THOSE SUCKERS WITH YOUR FEX. I'll get to them later.

Hive Tyrants, because they are a TMC, likewise get the +2d6. "But they only have S6" you say. True, but the most commonly rolled number is a seven...

If you have your Tyarant or Fex accompanied by Tyrant Guard, these again can take out tanks due to their rending claws, as well as protecting your monstrosities.

Anything with rending claws can take out a tank, which means Warriors, Genestealers, Rippers, Raveners, Tyrant Guard and Lictors. Hell, you can even use the weapon beast mutation to give one of your gaunts rending claws. But they can't take out monoliths. I hate monoliths.

Even a biovore can take out a tank, and although this is unlikely, it's still enough to have my friends take them out as a primary target. Although that's probably also because they take out troops too. Open topped vehicles automatically suffer a glancing hit vs. poison mines, and Bio Acid has it's strength (3) +2d6.

Venom cannons - you can arm Warriors, Fexes and Hive Tyrants wih them, and although they only glance, the extra Strength means your Tyrants and Warriors can even glance a monolith (...and a pattern emerges...).

Venerable Dreadnoughts....I don't know their Init. off the top of my head, but with an initiative of 6, Hive Tyrants, Lictors and Genestealers work wonders. If the Ven. Dread's got 4 or below, you can also use Raveners, Warriors and Tyrant Guard.

In short...that's a lotta tank busting power in one army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either i'm blind, or missed the post, but no one mentioned anything about warp blast. From personal experience i've had more success with warp blast than with any of the close combat weapons/broods.

Okay, so you have to pass a psychic test, then have to see if you hit, but its really the strongest anti-tank range shot you got. Combined with your movement you can shoot up to 24" with your hive tyrant or zoanthorpe. At str 10, any vehicle has a good very chance of taking damage from any side.

Warp blast may seem expensive on a hive tyrant if you already have a venom cannon, but a mutated hive tyrant can get its BS to 4. That makes it a bit easier to hit. Tyranid psykers have high leadership so you can pass those psychic tests fairly well (besides hive tyrants can take those perils of the warp attacks usually with out getting hurt).

So long range venom cannon to shaken or stun those pesky vehicles, warp blasts to destroy them at medium range, and finally close combat anything thats left.

oh and like what Linkin_the_Hive said, poison spores automaticlly glance against open topped vehicles. which is really really effective against dark eldar.

oh, and careful where you put those genestealers...my opponents love to fry them first

Closed Thread