Librarium Online Forums banner

A few Dark Eldar questions?

945 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Bizkit 
#1 ·
Hey there fellow Archon's, i just finished reading the thread 'Help v.s Nids' & i also have a few questions:

1) I wanted to know apart from the 'Venom Spam' list would the 'Gun Boat Spam' list also work against the Nids?

2) I know that the Talos/Chronos might get stomped in combat against their MC's (Bonesword/Lashwhip combo) & Genes but would it be better to run the Talos/Chronos into a squad of Termgaunts/Hormagaunts to Tarpit them or ARE the Wyches better for that?

3) Would a Succubus be a good HQ choice to run in a squad of Bloodbrides against Nids OR is the Archon better because of his 2++ & Huskblade combo?

4) Can Scourges 'deep strike' or have the appropriate 'wargear' to do so?

Any & all help is well appreciated thanx.

#2 ·
It really depends on the nid list you're playing. My Kabal has yet to test their mettle against nids, but I'll help as best I can.

1) Probably, if you load up on disintegrator cannons. People bleat on about Dark Lances, and yes, they are good, but against nids and other low tank armies, disintegrator cannons are your friends

2) I'd use the Talos against the gaunts, and the Wyches against their big things. Agonisers, hydra gauntlets and razor flails are your friends, and their 4++ dodge helps alot against the big gribblies

3) I'd say Succubus, mainly because her dodge save won't fail, and while huskbaldes are cool, agonisers are more likely to cause a wound on the big things

4) Yes. Scourges are Jump infantry so they can indeed deep strike.

#4 ·
You want to pack as many splinter weapons as you can. Don't spend the extra points on lances/dissies. Even dissies will wound MCs on a 5 where poison does it on 4. Nids should be one of the easiest armies to beat unless they run pure hoard. Then you just don't have the volume of shots to stop them, especially if you pay extra for lances. I'd recommend at least one razorwing for the templates.

Also kill the hive guard first. S8 assault 2 makes our raiders and venoms cry.

#6 ·
Don't forget that Dark Lances make nid Warriors Cry: S8 AP2 means insta kill on those.

And your question about with what the charge the nids is a wrong question, you should be shooting them to pieces before they can even hit your lines.
Otherwise a Blood Brides unit with 3x Shardnet can effectively hold op any MC in combat, if needed.

If you take the standard power list though, you have so many Poisonous and S8 AP2 shots hurting them, that you counter assault troops (typically wraks, beasts and/or Wyches) will only be needed to mop up some leftovers.

Don't forget to turbo boost away when they come too close. After their AT weapons are gone, they pose no threat to our mobile armies.

#7 ·
Don't forget that Dark Lances make nid Warriors Cry: S8 AP2 means insta kill on those.

And your question about with what the charge the nids is a wrong question, you should be shooting them to pieces before they can even hit your lines.
Otherwise a Blood Brides unit with 3x Shardnet can effectively hold op any MC in combat, if needed.

If you take the standard power list though, you have so many Poisonous and S8 AP2 shots hurting them, that you counter assault troops (typically wraks, beasts and/or Wyches) will only be needed to mop up some leftovers.

Don't forget to turbo boost away when they come too close. After their AT weapons are gone, they pose no threat to our mobile armies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.