Question Regarding Hive Guard, Line of Sight, and Cover - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Question Regarding Hive Guard, Line of Sight, and Cover

Hey guys,

I've been a bit confused as of late. I have a unit of Hive Guard, and they are standing in the open behind this really dense wood (you can't see through it). And on the other side of that really dense wood, but still out in the open, there are a unit of Ork Nobz. Now, if I were to use that special rule that Hive Guard do not need Line of Sight to shoot the target, do they get a 4+/3+ cover save from the trees? I have been giving me opponents a 5+ save because I haven't known the rule, but knowing the rule would be much appreciated.

I was more thinking no because I would imagine their bullets darting around the trees, not going through them. Just as if they were standing behind a massive thick stone wall, but in the open on the other side - the Hive Guard's bullets wouldn't be able to go through, so they'd go around.

Much appreciated,

The Warlord

Last edited by Warlord Vrrmik; September 26th, 2011 at 23:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Vrrmik View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been a bit confused as of late. I have a unit of Hive Guard, and they are standing in the open behind this really dense wood (you can't see through it). And on the other side of that really dense wood, but still out in the open, there are a unit of Ork Nobz. Now, if I were to use that special rule that Hive Guard do not need Line of Sight to shoot the target, do they get a 4+/3+ cover save from the trees? I have been giving me opponents a 5+ save because I haven't known the rule, but knowing the rule would be much appreciated.
    No. They only way they can benefit from cover if they are in area terrain or in base contact with whatever is giving them cover AND it is between the target unit and the hive guard. Things like turboboosting, flat-out, smoke launchers, venomthropes, ork smoke clouds and the like still work as normal (cover != cover save).

+ Reply to Thread