Is Lady Malys a Dark Eldar Lhamaean? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Lady Malys a Dark Eldar Lhamaean?

Hi Ya'll I'm new here btw...

I have been very interested in Lady Malys's Fluff. As she used to be in Vect's court... and the Archon's court only include Lhamaean as female court members.
    Did she used to be one of the Lhamaean's tribe?
    Personally I think of her as a Lhamaean touch by the Laughing God. I'm thinking of converting a Lhamaean together with a Harlequin/Harlequin paint job to represent her model on table...

your thoughts on her?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

well it's a tough call because she was an archon herself which means she was probably eldar. But i do see how you could point to lhamaean as well.

congrats on your first post

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick van Leeuwen View Post
    and the Archon's court only include Lhamaean as female court members.
    I would dispute this. Admittedly the army codex only features these, but the line on page 35 (The Archon's court) says "An Archon's courtesans will take on many strange forms, however the mysterious sisterhood of Lhilitu are desired above all others".

This would imply that the Lhamaeans are just one of a type of female courtesan - so it is possible that she's not a Lhamaean. Also on page 53 (Lady Malys), it makes no reference to the Lhamaean cult, but merely refers to her as the former (and now returned) Archon of the Poisoned Tongue. It does however insinuate that she may have had some kind of battle of wills with the Laughing God inside the webway and bested it. If so she'd arguably be a favoured champion of slaanesh - and this could indicate a link to the Lhamaean cult, but equally perhaps she's now in the control on the laughing god itself.

I like the conversion idea, but I'm not entirely sold that she is a Lhamaean. I do believe that if it was an effigy of the laughing god that Lady Malys fought whilst in the webway, it's possible that she is being manipulated to destabilise DE society by perhaps bringing about the destruction of Vect (See the army book).

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Though one have to posit the question, did whatever Malys face actually lose? In her description it described as "two voices laughing at once." Adding to that, the word uncontrollable sticks out, as well as how the "thing" laughs as it retreats. I'm not so sure Malys is in controll at all. We're talking about out-witting the trickster god Cegorach here. Then there is Vect, perhaps his kabalite system and 13 foundations of vengence is what stands in the way of the eldar empire once more uniting, or at least the way to this goal. The casualties will be beyond counting but it is a nessecary step, the goal is after all described as "far reaching and terrible.", so I would imagine there is plenty of bloodshed ahead.

As for her past, I don't know, but if she were I imagine there would be poison-related special rules if she was a Lhamaean.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

+ Reply to Thread