Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hey there fellow Archons, i just wanted to know a few things.
1) I equipped my Archon with Huskblade, Combat Drugs, Soul Trap & Shadow Field now is that a good build & are their any other good ways to equip your Archon?
2) I ran a squad of 4 Incubi with a Klaivex, Demiklaives & Murderous Assault with an Archon (mentioned above) in a Venom even though they did well, is this a good way of running them & with the Incubi leader should i have given 'Onslaught' instead of 'Murderous Assault'?
3) Is this a good build for Kabalite Warriors with a blaster & splinter cannon or should i have given them a leader &/or other equipment?
4) With the Wracks should i have ran a squad of 4 with a Liquifier Gun & Haemonculi in a Venom or should i hav run a squad of 9 with Haemonculi in a Raider instead?
5) Is a squad of 6 Scourges with 2 Splinter Cannons a good build?
6) What is the best builds for a Venom & a Raider? this is how i equipped my ones: Venom, Splinter Cannon & Night Shield, Raider with Night Shield & Flickerfield & are Splinter Racks a good addition to add for a squad of Trueborn/Kabalite Warriors?
7) What is the best way to equip a Talos Pain Engine?
Any & all help is well appreciated thanx!
Sorry i posted my list up (a very shocking one at that), last night but it didn't work so that's why i asked so many questions lol!
1) Agonizer, SF, and CD. Cheaper and probably more effective
2) I like to keep em cheap. I would run 5 incubi with klaivex and leave it as that and put the archon with a squad or wracks. This makes it much harder for your enemy to figure out which unit he should shoot first and your archon benefits from T4 vs shooting
3) A solid unit for a 10 man squad on a raider
4) Wracks should be run in squads that allow max use of LGs or 9 and 1 Haemonculus. It all depends on how you want to play them. Is this an objective sitter (keep em cheap) or is this a CC unit.
5) Why 6. 5 still gets access to the 2 SC. I would recommend the Haywire Grenade launcher instead. Its one of our best guns and isn't found much elswhere in the codex. great way to stop a 14 armour or put a can't move or shoot on an enemy elite squad in a transport.
6) Venom setup is typically (extra SC and FF). Raider = FF (mandatory) and NS if you want . Some people add more (gruesome talismans and aether sails) but only if your running wyches. Skip the splinter racks on raider. Raiders are meant to destroy vehicles. If you want splinter racks you should be running venom spam.
7) Highly recommend either Chain Flails and Haywire blaster or Chain Flails and Heat lance. depending on if your coming out of a WWP.
Cheers for the advice mrvegas. Very helpful indeed
I gave you REP!!! hehe
Last edited by Bizkit; October 4th, 2011 at 07:38.
1) some people prefer this build, but it means running your archon after MC's or IC's, agoniser setup is cheaper and just as effective
2)5 man incubi squads are good on a venom, i rarely upgrade to klavex, best just to leave them cheap. if your looking for more staying power then a 6-7 man squad with a heamy on a raider is great too, i never run an archon with incubi, too overpowered, best to move the archon elsewhere, i prefer wyches or wracks.
3)you could add the VB and the squad leader, its still cheap and means they don't get completely butchered in HTH, they excel at shooting though, best to get them 18-24" away from your opponent in cover and just shoot or get a 5 man squad with blaster in a venom with splinter cannon upgrade.
4)wracks are better in 10 man squads, on their own with 2x liquifiers or 9 with a heamy, the heamy is great with them as you get furious charge, meaning they can get a re-roll to wound on the charge against T4 or under, imo wracks are our best troops for killing rank and file, wyches and warriors are good all round hurting tanks and infantry alike, then hellions are great for hurting rear AV10 vehicles and infantry. I would say to get a mix of different types of troops in your games. Then play what you like and fill their weaknesses elsewhere, which is manily anti-tank.
5) for killing infantry yes, however venoms fill this role too, just something to remember. Haywire option is the best, they lock down tanks fairly easily, if you like scourges, i would go the whole hog and get 10 with 4 SC's i have had great success with them, fairly easy to get a pain token with them too if you plan your targets correctly. else just stick to 5 man squads with 2x haywires launchers for more anti-tank.
6)best builds for venom are: 5 x inucbi, 5 warriors and a blaster, 3 trueborn with 2x SC's, 5 trueborn 2xSC's 3 shardcarbines, 5 trueborn 2 x SC's 3 shredders, 4-5 trueborn with 4 blasters.
the venom should have extra SC and in some cases the night shield(when you have to get closer)
7) chain flails are a must, after that i prefer haywire launcher but the twin linked LG could be good too, i choose the hwl because it helps to keep tanks from firing at the big slow moving target.
i could go into more detail but it will take ages, time i don't have at the mo, however if you post your list i will get round to looking at it and giving advise.
yes my answers are fairly similar too mrvegas, which i hope will give more emphasis to these choices and give you more of an idea as to why.
If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.
Yeah thanx for the advice guys, i just wanted to make sure if i was doing it right & yes dizzie it does give me a bit more of an idea as to what you & mrvegas told me thanx again! REP! for you to sir
Oh & i will see if i can post that list again although it's not that good & i was under points as well lol