Misc Unit Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Misc Unit Questions

I am getting ready for a tournament and I have a couple of questions about specific units. First off is the Tervigon. When it spawns gaunts, can they move after they are spawned? The codex says that you may place them so that no model is more than 6" away and also says that they may move shoot assault as normal. Does this mean that you can place them 6" away, then potentially move them 6", run them 6", and assault 6" for a total of a 24" move right off the bat?

Next question is regarding the tyrannofex, or any other mc with two weapons and thorax swarm. The BRB says that they can fire two weapons at the same target per shooting phase. Does this mean that they tyrannofex for example may shoot only a combination of two of his main, secondary, and thorax weapons or do thorax weapons somehow get around that rule (kind of like defensive weapons)?

In line with the last question, since a myectic spore is a MC if it is given an additional weapon may it shoot both of these during the shooting phase?

Last question, when shadows in the warp comes up against runes of witnessing etc how does the dice roll go? From the eldar FAQ they only roll 2d6 for passing the check, but do they roll a 3rd to see if they suffer a perils? Thanks for the help

Last edited by nidsNguard; October 6th, 2011 at 08:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by nidsNguard View Post
    I am getting ready for a tournament and I have a couple of questions about specific units. First off is the Tervigon. When it spawns gaunts, can they move after they are spawned? The codex says that you may place them so that no model is more than 6" away and also says that they may move shoot assault as normal. Does this mean that you can place them 6" away, then potentially move them 6", run them 6", and assault 6" for a total of a 24" move right off the bat?
    All except the run+assault part, you can only do one or the other. Termagants do not have fleet

Next question is regarding the tyrannofex, or any other mc with two weapons and thorax swarm. The BRB says that they can fire two weapons at the same target per shooting phase. Does this mean that they tyrannofex for example may shoot only a combination of two of his main, secondary, and thorax weapons or do thorax weapons somehow get around that rule (kind of like defensive weapons)?
    Two weapons only that must be fired at the same target.

In line with the last question, since a myectic spore is a MC if it is given an additional weapon may it shoot both of these during the shooting phase?
    Correct, but it must be at the same target.

Last question, when shadows in the warp comes up against runes of witnessing etc how does the dice roll go? From the eldar FAQ they only roll 2d6 for passing the check, but do they roll a 3rd to see if they suffer a perils? Thanks for the help
    Check the main rulebook FAQ. The two rules cancel each other out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Hockeyman is correct everywhere but one.
    Read the rules for Thorax Swarms on codex p. 82. A Thorax swarm may always be fired, no matter howe many other weapons the MC has or is firing in the Shooting phase. Thus a Tfex may fire his rupture cannon, his cluster spines, and his desiccator larvae all at the same time. They just have to go at the same target.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Hockeyman is correct everywhere but one.

Read the rules for Thorax Swarms on codex p. 82. A Thorax swarm may always be fired, no matter howe many other weapons the MC has or is firing in the Shooting phase. Thus a Tfex may fire his rupture cannon, his cluster spines, and his desiccator larvae all at the same time. They just have to go at the same target.
    Derp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks for the quick responses. Sometimes its easy to miss the little things in the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Knew I forgot a question. With the Brood Progenitor rule for the tervigon, when is the 6" measured to see if gaunts gain abilities and how long does it last? A few examples:

Gaunts start within 6", but move/assault out of it by the end of the turn. Do they still have adrenal glands and toxin sacs?

Gaunts start outside of 6", but the tervigon moves within 6" before assault. Do they gain abilities?

Gaunts start inside 6" and are drawn out by being assaulted. Do they still retain abilities and counter attack?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

There is no subphase timing of the Assault phase. Which means as long as the termagants are within 6" of the Tervigon at any point in the Assault phase, they can gain any benefits bestowed on them by the Tervigon.

In your 1st example, if the gaunts moved in the Movement phase such that by the time the Assault phase occurs they are outside of the 6" Tervigon bubble, they get nothing. If, however, at the start of the Assault phase they are within 6" of the Tervigon they will gain Tervigon boosts even if their assault move takes them outside of that 6" range. (The reason is they were within 6" of the Tervigon during the Assault phase. The rules do not insist that they remain with 6" of the Tervigon for the entire Assault phase.)

In your 2nd example, the gaunts would gain the benefits. For the entirety of the Assault phase, the Tervigon is within 6" of the gaunts.

Your 3rd example is exactly the same as the 1st example. So long as the gaunts were within 6" of the Tervigon at any point of the Assault phase, they can gain Tervigon boosts.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks for the info. The codex just says if they are within 6", so thats why I wasnt sure when to measure for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Another issue came up during a game the other night. I know that you measure synapse at the beginning of the turn for instinctive behavior, but how long does it last?

Ex: If a brood starts in synapse, but moves out and assaults, are they still fearless? Same goes when opponents turn comes around. If he assaults a brood that was in synapse at the start of my turn, are they considered in synapse until it comes time for me to measure again?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Another issue came up during a game the other night. I know that you measure synapse at the beginning of the turn for instinctive behavior, but how long does it last?

Ex: If a brood starts in synapse, but moves out and assaults, are they still fearless? Same goes when opponents turn comes around. If he assaults a brood that was in synapse at the start of my turn, are they considered in synapse until it comes time for me to measure again?
    You test for instinctive behavior at the start of the turn. A brood can freely move out of synapse after that....but then they lose the benefits (like fearless).

Second question. As long as they are within synapse range they're good. Instinctive behavior is only one part of the rule, just because you test for that doesn't mean synapse 'turns off' afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast