The uncomfortable silence. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

The uncomfortable silence.

I've been keeping myself updated on the rumors every day since about February when I started collecting Tau. If I remember right, it went like this.
    -Up until about April Tau were rumored to be next. Coming out in the August time slot.
    -Tau got the FAQ that nobody was asking for.
    -Tau rumors stopped sometime in the June/July time period.
    -August brings us Sisters.
    -Rumors of 6th edition, Black Templar, Eldar, Chaos, and even Dark Angels.

Am I the only one that is a bit curious, even a bit nervous, as to the actual time we will be seeing the elusive update? The latest rumor I've been seeing is that GW isn't even considering touching Tau until all the armies in the last bullet are done. Just wondering what everyone's feelings are on this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I used to think next Spring would be Tau's time. Now ... I'm more inclined to believe what you note in your final rumor. I.e., nothing for Tau for another two years at a minimum.

Sad. But at least the army is still playable, if suffering hard from limited monobuild-itis.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

And don't forget the necron rumors... Tau and Necrons pretty much came out together, right? So it would seem fitting that they get updated, if not together, then at least fairly close together...although, as six points out, our list is viable...theirs just isn't. The armies listed by savage, though, don't need an update...hell, BT (certain builds...like two cyclones per 250 point termie squad) is actually somewhat overpowered, really...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    And don't forget the necron rumors... Tau and Necrons pretty much came out together, right? So it would seem fitting that they get updated, if not together, then at least fairly close together...although, as six points out, our list is viable...theirs just isn't. The armies listed by savage, though, don't need an update...hell, BT (certain builds...like two cyclones per 250 point termie squad) is actually somewhat overpowered, really...
    yes but tau have already had an update since the 2 codexes came out together where as necrons never did get one.

I think we will get one a bit before 6th edition but a bit of me now hopes we wait for 6th edition and be the 2nd, 3rd codex in that
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by romarodlego View Post
    )
    frywhatyoudidthere.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

I don't think it will be that long in coming. The thing that swings it for me is the Forge World XV suits, they are a pretty major shift and update in design from the standard Tau stuff we have now. I just find it hard to believe that Forge World would design something so radical without an idea of where Tau are going. Also the Tau codex was updated after Forge World released the Skyray and Piranha models were added to FW so the history of codex update after FW new releases is established. The Marine codices have pretty much been covered and Tau are due an update, Tau are one of the more popular Xenos codex's and have always sold pretty well, so with the FW models, the age of the codex and the good sales I fully expect a new codex within a year (after Necrons).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

As I understand it, the XV9 was designed by an applicant for a sculptor position at FW. One reason why the initial model only offered burst cannons was because the designer just thought they were the coolest looking weapon he could put on the model.

You may recall that there is precedent for this. White Dwarf reported sometime in the recent past that Scout Sgt Telion exists in the codex because GW just thought the sculpt was too cool not to use. And as the magazine reported, Telion was a job applicant's job submission. (He got the job, obviously!)

Beyond that, you underestimate the number of Marine codexes there are! There's still Dark Angels, Black Templars, and Chaos Space Marines. At this point, I bet all of them will see updates before Tau. I do hope I'm wrong, though....
    Last edited by number6; October 14th, 2011 at 20:17.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

BT have been languishing...they do have more than one decent build, but I would bet that they, and DA, get done before Tau...CSM...I don't know. They're probably the most viable of the group as-is, and redoing them, since they're not "just another flavor of SM," would be a MAJOR undertaking/long-term project...rumors would leak out NOW if they were being rereleased even a full year from now.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    CSM...I don't know. They're probably the most viable of the group as-is, and redoing them, since they're not "just another flavor of SM," would be a MAJOR undertaking/long-term project...rumors would leak out NOW if they were being rereleased even a full year from now.
    Ah, but there are such rumors! Not that they necessarily mean much, but they are to the effect that 6th ed 40K ships next summer or early fall, and that the "new edition box set" will be new and different. Rather than containing two small armies, there will be two separate starter army boxes, one containing Dark Angels and one containing Chaos Marines. The rumors I've seen even hint that there will be strong support for the traitor legions with the new rules. Rumors conflict as to whether the current Chaos Marines book will stay in circulation as is (to represent renegade Space Marines) and there will be a new Traitor Legions codex, or whether the CSM codex will be replaced with a reworked -- and traitor legion-friendly -- codex.

However that ultimately shakes out... Guess which armies will get codexes just prior and/or just after 6th edition, therefore?

Beyond that, the time where rumors could be more reliably trusted is coming to a close. GW has put the kibosh on any kind of rumor leaking, not even bothering to announce forthcoming releases in any media not White Dwarf until they are available for pre-order! They want White Dwarf to be the source of all new product announcements going forward. So even though we've known about Necrons coming in November since before GW closed its rumor doors shut, you'll note that there's been NOTHING at all like we used to see even just one codex ago with the GKs. (No teaser pics or announcements in WD, no "next month: something new", no leaked blurry pics to the internet, etc.) It wasn't that long ago that October's WD would have shown us the coming Necron menace in November! But we're in a new blackout reality today ... so that didn't happen.

The rumors we currently do know about codex releases and 6th edition 40K all come from before GW's new ultimate silence policy. Since that policy took effect, there hasn't been a single credible iota of new leaked information regarding any of GW's potential new releases for any of their games.
    Last edited by number6; October 14th, 2011 at 20:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Just a little side note. There are several leaked necron pictures out right now. They look incredible. It gives me a lot of hope seeing how much creativity and life was put into the new models and makes me wonder how revamped the Tau will eventually be.

See GW? This is why leaks and tease releases are a good thing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast