Modelling Trueborn - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    El Presidente residual-selfimage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x2)

Modelling Trueborn

Huhu!

The Dark Eldar have been available for about a year now, with most models being available as part of one of the post-release waves.

One of the models not released by GW is the Trueborn squad. So I was wondering how you would go about into creating one of these. Sure, their Venom-blaster builds are frequently used, but what do they look like?

Do you use the normal kabalite warriors with headswaps? Add a seadragon cloak? Change the paintjob??

What are your ideas? Or what have you already done? Else post some cool models you've already seen!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

I used normal warriors but I used the variant helms instead of the regular ones for trueborn.

You could do something with the dark elves corsairs. They all have capes and generally look awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by residual-selfimage View Post
    Huhu!

The Dark Eldar have been available for about a year now, with most models being available as part of one of the post-release waves.

One of the models not released by GW is the Trueborn squad. So I was wondering how you would go about into creating one of these. Sure, their Venom-blaster builds are frequently used, but what do they look like?

Do you use the normal kabalite warriors with headswaps? Add a seadragon cloak? Change the paintjob??

What are your ideas? Or what have you already done? Else post some cool models you've already seen!
    I use the low tech solution. Old warriors = Trueborn and new warriors = warriors.
    Guess thats just easy for a long time DE player. Problem is getting all the right weapons on the guys

El Presidente residual-selfimage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x2)

Huhu!

Thnx for the replies!

I'd also try to use the old warriors, if only they weren't that horribly ugly Has anyone tried the Slaanesh champ headpiece with plume from WHFB?

Project Log: Dark Eldar
    Project Log: Luna Wolves

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I currently use old Warrior models too, easy and cheap because I have some with a different pain job.

I'm looking to have all replaced by new models and have them all a different paint job to tell the difference. The colours will re-used on the banners so you can easily tell in which venom rides which squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly I use the Kabalite Warrior kit for both warriors and Trueborn. Regular warriors have the various Kabalite helmets. Trueborn wear wych helmets (to which I''ve added plumes and blades) or go bare-headed, andall have Hekatrix/Sybarite trophy racks (unless bearing dark lances). The vast majority of Trueborn are also carrying special weapons, which tends to make them stand out a bit. There's not much reason to field many Trueborn with splinter rifles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Elf Corsairs make for very very nice conversions. They stand out a lot on the tabletop and look great. Dark Eldar arms fit perfectly with them as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've converted the new incubi to be holding blasters and they act as my trueborn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done the Warrior/Corsair kitbash myself. I use the cloaked warriors mostly as my Sliscus upgraded squad, but i have enough of them to have a Trueborn squad as well. The Corsair heads are the real selling point to me, the long lockes of hair, the hooks and generally stern expressions stand out as more Patrician than the usual serial killer look of most DE heads. It's quite fitting.
    Stab it, slash it, bite, tank shock and smash it. If that fails, shoot it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 10 female, bare headed Trueborn, bearing shredders, splinter cannons and shard carbines, they have more gold armour parts to stand out from the other warriors

+ Reply to Thread