Orks Vs Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do burna's work good on tyranids? or should i try to go hand to hand and hope for the best.

IG: 1000+Pts

Win/Loss/Draw
    03/01/00

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burna boys work really well, but watch out because our gaunts move REALLY fast! Orks are good at cc, but try to weaken the nids with shooting, then assualt. Also don't fight any hive tyrants one on one unless it has 2 wounds or less.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ty for the tips...ne one else want to help me?

Win/Loss/Draw
    03/01/00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, many shootas/big shootas and stand back and shoot until they within charging range then charge them...
    "Honour the Craft of Death"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so shoot as much as possible to get there numbers down then charde when within charging range

Win/Loss/Draw
    03/01/00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burnas are good againt nids when ususally when u get into range of the nids to use your burna, they are able to charge you. So no, dont use them :ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

First: be prepared that the nids will just about charge you, they can move far faster in a single turn.

Second: in this case, drop burna's as this will bring you in charging range of the nids just as hhcave already mentioned.

Third: I agree with hhcace in this case big shootas are the main weapon of choice, if you are going to use vehicles equip them only ith big shootas.

Fourth: definetly get yourself a looted tank, preferebly one with ord to take out units such as warriors or raveners.

Fifth: units that are going to get charged by nids should consist only of slugga boyz, make sure their squads are big enough to handle the incoming charge well.

Sixth: be on the look out for any Biovores that he might deploy against you as any experienced nid player would do when faced with orks.

That's about all I can think of the moment I'll let you know more when I get more suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an idea I have for playing against my brother's tyranid horde, although I have yet to try it so beware... it may not work. I was thinking of equipping a squadron of buggies with skorchas, red paint, and spikes and blades. A skorcha can devastate gaunts, but you have to get very close to use it and they will then charge you on their turn. However, if you moved your full 13" and fired the skorcha, then the gaunts will have a hard time hitting your vehicle iin close combat. I believe that under the new rules, anyone charging a vehicle which moved more than 12 inches needs to roll a 6 to hit in close combat. And any misses (the other 5/6 of the time) result in a S3 hit against the gaunt, which gives you a good chance of killing them. If they charge your buggy, it will die. The nid player will roll enough 6's and use the rending claws to rip apart your vehicle, but it should dish out quite a few wounds due to any dice that roll anything less than a 6 before it dies. Add this to all the wounds inflicted from the skorcha and the fact that you are tying up big broods of gaunts and preventing them from moving toward your army, thus giving you more time to shoot them and I think this tactic would work pretty well.
    This is just an idea I had and if anyone sees any problems with the logic, rules, or anything else, don't hesitate to point it out. Now go stomp dem bugboyz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU NEED A LEMAN RUSS! :lol:

IMAGINE THAT HUGE BLAST TEMPLATE WIPING OUT A WHOLE SQUAD OF GAUNTS BECAUSE THOSE GAUNTS HAVE NO ARMOUR SAVE!!

Just keep it out of sight or range of them warriors with nid gunz... ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hhcave, just curious but what does your name mean?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast