Tyranids vs. Necrons: How will we fare? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Tyranids vs. Necrons: What will be the outcome?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nom nom nom! We will chomp through them as we would any other race.

11 18.03%
  • It'll be close, we're both as bad as each other.

21 34.43%
  • We will be exterminated by Necron contact.

29 47.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Tyranids vs. Necrons: How will we fare?

So, from the stuff you've seen lately and the latest White Dwarf, how do you think 'nids will fare against Necrons?

Or perhaps it is too early for that call? If so I'll refresh this thread in a month or so when we get some decent experience against them.

Post away,

The Warlord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

I don't read White Dwarf. What do they say about the coming Necrons?
    Hive Fleet Papillon Inventory Profile

Ad majorem Dei gloriam

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Give it a few weeks. I know a fair few of us don't have white dwarf yet and certainly it'll take a while before we can judge how bad its gonna be.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

You can check on the preorder of the gw site.It gives some stats and Wards speeches per unit.You can get a decent idea for them.
    IMHO,i believe the bugs will have a rough time.It seems the army is geared with ridiculously amount of long range fire designed to deal with both hordes and meq.
    I wonder what the points costs for all that bling will be...
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

I looked at the preorder notes briefly, and from what I saw, my mind was shouting "ASSAULT! ASSAULT! ASSAULT!" If all these goodies are as expensive as they were in the Necrons' last iteration, the best thing to do is probably swamp everything with combat, which they never seem to particularly excel at. Footslogging armies may be presented with a challenge trying to get across the battlefield intact, but don't they always?
    Hive Fleet Papillon Inventory Profile

Ad majorem Dei gloriam

7. LikePotemkins liked this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranids have no reason to fight Necrons. They are just metal. Nothing to feed of.

9. LikeChipsnFish liked this post.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

They'd be feeding off the biomatter of the planet the 'crons are on...and the 'crons are trying to kill them.......soooo, yeah they'd fight each other pretty good.
    Eternity Guard (SM) W-15/L-5/D-3
    Lizardmen w16/ L1/ d2 :On hiatus since new rules... =/

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I'll reserve final judgement for when the codex actually comes out, but my first initial gut reaction is that we'll be okay. After all....no more indestructable monoliths. Nom nom nom.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

One of the cryptek weapons could be pretty mean to 'nids & orks as well, due to the lack of armour saves... Can't remember which harbinger it is, but the aeonstave (think that's the one?) is a basic CCW, any model that takes a wound from it loses 'fleet' if they have it and reduces their WS/BS/I/A to 1 for the rest of the game.

Could be a nasty shock for the multi-wound gribblies if anyone is still using the likes of warriors? Plus crypteks aren't IC's, so no attacking them directly in assaults...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

Was watching a tournament yesterday (forgot there was one on and couldn't be bothered running home to grab my bugs) and someone was running the new 'crons. He cleaned up the tourney. The most notable things in the army were his doom scythes and scarabs. Yes scarabs. The doom scythe has a range of 12" so it has to get in your face but then it chooses a point anywhere within 12" of it and fires it's doom ray to that point, the 'cron player then nominates a direction, the doom ray will go in a straight line from the initial point chosen in the direction chosen 3d6". Any unit or vehicle even slightly touching that line (so one model) takes a S10 AP2 hit and that's for every model in the unit. 2 of these things ripped through 2 different marine armies and tabled a tau player within a few turns.

The scarabs are now possibly the best anti-tank CC units in the game. When they attack now, after rolling to hit, on a 4+ they will strip 1 point of armor off of the tank permanently. 1 unit of scarabs flipped over 2 chaos land raiders in one game.

New 'crons are pretty scary, but If we do what we always do and out-maneuver our opponents, there's nothing to say we can't keep beating them. They still have initiative of 2 sometimes 3 so we'll always be hitting first, just need to make sure we hurt them in that 1st turn.
    Last edited by muntatron; November 6th, 2011 at 01:30. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast