Question about two royal courts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about two royal courts

I was just thinking...

What if you have two royal courts and you attach the same cryptek from both courts to a single unit?

For example if I take an HoE with Chronometron in both courts and attach them both to a unit of immortals? Can that unit reroll two D6 per turn?

What about two HoS with Lightning field? Will an assaulting unit take 2d6 hits instead of 1?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Community Leader Roboute Guilliman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    553 (x8)

its a good question. as the rules are written you can put a cryptek from 2 royal courts into 1 unit but im sure the FAQ will kill that idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know if this is a silly question or not but when you take the court is your choice either lords or crypteks or can you take both?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Both. You can take up to 5 of both Lords and Crypteks. And as I've seen this confuse other already, you can take multiple types of Cryptek in a single Court: the only restriction on duplicates is you can't take 2 of the unique items available the Crypteks

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Simple really. You can only have, for example, up to 5 Harbringers of Destruction in a single court. But, only one of those can have a Solar Pulse.

As for the OP, I'm not sure. The rule states: "Only one member of the Royal Court can join each unit in this manner." It doesn't state "each Royal Court" nor does it state "a Royal Court". It says the, implying singular, meaning (I think) that it applies for that particular court only. So in theory you could double up on Crypteks in a unit, as long as each was from a different Court.

+ Reply to Thread