C'tan Shard Modeling - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x1)

C'tan Shard Modeling

OK, so they gave us the rules for making our own C'tan shards. However, model-wise we're still stuck with two models: Nightbringer and Deceiver. Obviously we can make our own C'tan models to represent whatever shards we want (provided its 75% or more GW/Forgeworld). The question arises: what sort of base size (if any) do we use?

On the one hand, both the current "shard" models use a Terminator base. If follow the current practice, we'd be stuck with 40mm bases.

On the other hand, Monstrous Creatures come in all sizes, from 60mm for the Carnifex to the 120mm base of the Dreadknight. There is nothing in the book that says we have to use a specific base or model size.

What should we use when making our own C'tan Shard?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60mm. I feel it's the proper size for monstrous creatures. Though since the current models are the 40mm sized bases I'm sure there would be people that would argue. I will be modeling mine to be on a 60mm.
    "LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

Think they'll ever release a kit with different options?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that there are "some" C'Tan Shard models available (ie, not none) then we sould have to follow the lead from them. However, isn't the tournament rule simply that customised models should not be on a smaller base than the original? This should mean that you are free to model on any base 40mm and above.

PS: Custom C'Tan model kits would be awesome.
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

+ Reply to Thread