Anrakyr, the traveller? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anrakyr, the traveller?

so i was reading through anrakyr's rules last night, and came upon a few strategic questions about this guy.

first off is his mind in the machine ability counted as a shooting attack, for all it says about it is that it is used at the start of the shooting phase, which brings me to my next question...

if its an ability, could you use "mind in the machine" after turbo boosting in a command barge?

because if so it'd be really nasty turbo boosting, making a sweeping attack and using mind in the machine with him... just let me know what yall think, for i may be totally wrong. thanks everyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fateweaver View Post
    first off is his mind in the machine ability counted as a shooting attack, for all it says about it is that it is used at the start of the shooting phase, which brings me to my next question...
    Nope, doesn't say it's a shooting attack at all and it's definitely not a weapon.

if its an ability, could you use "mind in the machine" after turbo boosting in a command barge?
    Vehicles can't turboboost. What you're looking for is 'flat out'. But yes he can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet because the best thing in a command barge is an overlord with a warscythe, now you add "mind in the machine," and your talking about alot of cheesy goodness!

and yes 'flat-out' my apologies for the mix up!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So potentially you could move flat out, sweep a tank, use mind in the machine, fire the tachyon arrow, get out and assault another tank?
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after moving flat out, i dont believe you can shoot a weapon thus the tachyon arrow would be a no go. if your choosing to assault, usually you have to move out of the vehicle during the movement phase unless im wrong. but the rest is the point.

move flat out giving you a cover save while dealing 3 str7+2d6 attacks to a tank/etc. and then use "mind in the machine" to be a nice combo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since the ccb is open-topped you can disembark after moving 12" then assault the same turn, so you can't go flat out, but you can move 12 and do it(and still shoot the tachyon arrow)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be nice potentially taking out up to 3+ tanks in one turn, i like this idea i thought up

Especially while playing marines... sweep a rhino/razorback, shoot with their land raider, tachyon their land raider, and then assault the goodness inside
    Last edited by fateweaver; November 14th, 2011 at 06:43.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fateweaver View Post
    move flat out giving you a cover save while dealing 3 str7+2d6 attacks to a tank/etc. and then use "mind in the machine" to be a nice combo
    But is it worth the extra 75 points over a standard Overlord?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I don't know about disembarking him if there is any kind of enemy that can hold him up in an assault, but yes, he absolutely is worth taking. First time you steal a shot from a Demolisher, or that Guard tank that shoots 3 plasma cannon shots... ya, it can get ugly. And good lord is he going to kick ass in Apocalypse; "Why yes I am taking control of the Turbo Laser on that nice Reaver Titan..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well points wise hes a bargain considering a standard overlord with phareon, tachyon arrow and a warscythe is 15 points less. so for the extra 15 points you get "mind in the machine," pyrrhian immortals, and a IC with furious charge/counter attack.

i know usually you would run a standard lord with a warscythe for 65 points less, but the extra abilites and equipment make him look that much better for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast