Question about Entropic Strike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Entropic Strike

If a model with Entropic Strike reduces the armour of a Vehicle, can it glance or penetrate it during this charge or it exchanges its attacks with the armour reduction? For example, a squad of Scarabs charges a Trukk with 30 attacks, 15 of them hit it and 7 of them reduce its AV on 4+. Now, it has its AV succsefully reduced to 3 in all facings. After the armour reduction, do they have a chance to penetrate it with their 15 hits? Or they have to wait until the next turn to attack it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

They get to attack with reduced AV as you roll to hit, roll for ES and it is *immediately* reduced, then make your pen roll.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya compared to attacking target with armour save which in this case it as to be a unsaved wound, on a vehicule when a succesfull hit is done u immediatly lower the armour value then pen/glance it
    hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With 5 swarms I succeeded in charging a unit of two landspeeders. With their AV reduced to 3 or 4, it was very easy to glance-immobilize-destroy and to penetrate-explode in a single assault phase. I did lose a couple of wounds here and there because of the 6s on the penetrating rolls, but my 75 points to their 180 (and combo charging some 5 marines who were holding up my shooty units with a couple of attacks) was too good to be true.

It's the slow footslogging part to get there that's annoying.

I find the scarabs to be worth it in every game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikes View Post
    It's the slow footslogging part to get there that's annoying.
    Slow? You know that Beasts have Fleet and a 12" charge, yeah?
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6+1d6 for 2 rounds (let's say 18") is not enough to reach the opponent's gunline. Unless he moves his vehicles FORWARD, then yes in that case the 12" charge is more than enough.

My concern is the traditionnal 24" space in between players in a battle line deployment, or more when we play bigger tables.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T1: 6+d6
    T2: 6+d6
    Worst case scenario so far you've moved 14 by end the your 2nd shooting phase (but most likely moved 19 on average).

This means T2 Assault phase you should be in range unless he started back from the deployment line, is hiding in cover, or you had to go around terrain/move at an angle. This gives you a turn 2 threat range of 26"-36" (average 31"). That should be plenty, especially if you have 2 swarms.
    It's better than many other armies for sure. Especially as scarabs are now so deadly when they do arrive.
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we usually have lots of difficult terrain that gives cover (area terrain) and it's quite frequent that you have to deploy first and the other guy can put the least-effective targets in front of your swarms or generally give you ineffective match-ups. So vehicles are away from swarms and high-armour infantry is right in front of them, and so on. Moving around impassable terrain or even dangerous terrain is a tactical element that we have to include in our deployment/gameplay. So usually it's not that easy to reach the opponent. And hey, he moves his vehicles, as well (most likely away from you).

IMHO you'd have to be a bit daft (or tempting lady luck*) in order to put your expensive slow vehicle exactly 24" away, on the deployment line, to "give" your vehicle to the opponent's swarms.

*By tempting lady luck I mean you have a plan to take out the swarms such as 2-3 flamers or blast templates etc. and you expect the swarm's controlling player to not react to it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol, I versed a blood angels player who moved his baal predator 18" towards my lines. The scarabs ate it turn 1 (5 swarms, 25 attacks, something like 10 hits, 8 reduction, 4 6s on damage roll ).
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats some crazy luck, I thought melee only hits flat out moving vehicles on a 6+, or is that only on fast skimmers?

*edit* it's actually just any vehicle moving at cruising speed or above.
    Last edited by Jin18; November 24th, 2011 at 14:17.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast