The Elephant in the poll booth!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: The new Necron codex is?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • The new Necron codex is better than the last

97 77.60%
  • The new Necron codex is as good as the last

16 12.80%
  • The new Necron codex is worse than the last

12 9.60%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Community Leader Roboute Guilliman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    553 (x8)

The Elephant in the poll booth!!!

The question refers to the codex on the whole, rules and fluff together and how they shape "who the necrons are as a team"

Last edited by Roboute Guilliman; November 22nd, 2011 at 02:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for better than the old one.

It has all the changes everybody wanted for a long time; smaller squad size, cheaper warriors, more troop types, lots of options, better lords (more equipment), transports (although not cheap), and more anti tank or MEQ killers.
    Last edited by BloodEyes; November 23rd, 2011 at 13:26.

4. LikeOrk992000 liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Can we please not perpetuate this nonsense and open up yet another thread to under-the-radar insults? All the numbers in the world won't make an opinion right or wrong, because it's an opinion. If 40 people hate the new codex and 1 person lovesick, it doesn't make that one person wrong or the 40 people right.

We really need to let this topic die out and do one of the following.

- appreciate the new book and play
    - write your own fluff and play
    - find the changes unacceptable and move on to a different army.

I know this is a discussion forum, but this stopped being a discussion 2 weeks ago.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

6. ThanksFrogsrule10 thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    Can we please not perpetuate this nonsense and open up yet another thread to under-the-radar insults? All the numbers in the world won't make an opinion right or wrong, because it's an opinion. If 40 people hate the new codex and 1 person lovesick, it doesn't make that one person wrong or the 40 people right.

We really need to let this topic die out and do one of the following.
    While you are essentially correct, I am still kinda interested to see the results of the poll. Usually in pure discussion/arguing threads the displeased but loud tend to get more attention than the pleased who don't bother to take part in arguing.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

I put that it's the same as the last codex with cooler models. The rules are still crap for them, and our durability for short range shooting is just DUMB because of sweeping advances and such. Poorly designed, and the Init 2 aspect really irritates me. Striking last is never acceptable (only wraiths have a way around this, nothing else does). Plus we still lack reliable anti tank shy of cryptek spam (which still isn't meltas).

Our walker is far overpriced for what he is, no power weapon, etc...and 150points? A standard Dreadnought can come with a MM and flamer for much less than that and have better standard armor, etc, etc. I think Matt Ward didn't want Xenos competing with his precious space marines...it's proof.
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; November 21st, 2011 at 20:12.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    Our walker is far overpriced for what he is, no power weapon, etc...and 150points? A standard Dreadnought can come with a MM and flamer for much less than that and have better standard armor, etc, etc.
    Standard Dreadnought doesn't have AV13, doesn't have resistance to shaken and stunned, can't give twin-linked to other units and can't have TWO multi-meltas (Heat Ray is Heavy 2, not Heavy 1 like normal MM is).

I think our rules are fine. There are a few lackluster units but we also have some seriously underpriced stuff to balance it out. Yes, we can't get "reliable anti-tank" (meltaguns) to everyone like SM, SW and BA, but neither can GK and I don't hear them yelling for meltaguns to their Purifiers. Yes, our ranged "sweet spot" is at 12" to 24" range, but we can force nightfights unlike everyone else. Yes, we don't have overabundance of ultra-super-munchkin-killy assault troops, but neither does IG or Tau... Which we can both wipe the floor with in assault without taking a single dedicated assaulter and our dedicated assaulters are still pretty bad-ass when used right.
    Last edited by Polaria; November 21st, 2011 at 20:52.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i voted better as well, new models work awesome, and look great.

fluff is longer than 3 pages and is written way better than before, i mean gods keeping robots as slaves and then putting them to sleep was crap and not enjoyable to read in my opinion.

and the fact that they didnt just copy and paste the fluff and gave them more of an actual purpose this time is great. if the gods want something gone they do not send robots to do it, they would just end you (eat your world).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for better than the last as well. There are some flaws but it couldn't have been much worse than the last in terms of game play...

Community Leader Roboute Guilliman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    553 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    Can we please not perpetuate this nonsense
    there are a lot of people who feel very passionate about this topic and I was just curious to see if the majority were happy with the change or if the majority were unhappy.

this can't be determined without a poll, yes I am aware that it may not give a perfectly accurate representation of the opinions of the entire necron player demographic, but it will at least give a rough idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I take back my earlier statement I guess. I was afraid that this would turn into a carbon copy of the train wreck of a thread we already have. I am pleased to find myself proven wrong and threw my vote in for this book being an improvement.

I think it's extremely solid overall, if a bit lackluster in the elites section. I am also a fan of the new direction taken with the story.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast