De Pro's Help Me! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay. I've almost ALWAYS lost in the battles that i've played.. now this may just be bad luck for me, seeing as though i've got limited units and i don't really have much to work with... but here's my dilemma

i've mostly played necrons, and i can't wipe him clean..

here's the necron army:

heavy destroyer
    destroyer lord
    c'tan (nightbringer)
    2 wraiths
    4 of that one cc unit that doesn't get i'll be back
    like 8 immortals i think they are.. the other cc dudes that can't shoot
    a monolith
    a regular necron lord
    2 squads of warriors

we've played points 500v500 since my DE is a little over 500.. he's usually used both lords and his troops.. if i recall right.. maybe the wraiths too i can't remember if he had the points to or not.

i use everything i have... the following:

HQ
    Urien Rakharth
    Drazhar (i've kinda sorta been cheating, letting drazhar be urien's bodyguard.. they still haven't noticed after reading my codex many times lol&#33
    and i usually give 3 sybarites, one with agonizer+pistol, 1 with a cc wepon and spinter cannon, another with cc weapon and splinter pistol (again with the cheating giving warriors as retinue)

Heavy Support
    3 scourges, since that's all i can get my hands on, i'm awaiting hobbytown usa to order me more!

Fast Attack
    Five Reavers, just plain out no blasters or succubus

Troops
    a warrior squad on a raider... the raider has a night shield and distintegrator (ap3 shots help&#33
    the squad has two blasters and two splinter cannons.

Now i usually remember it either being close and me having to leave his house and not being able to finish, or me loosing. Depending on the set up, sometimes we've played on a table that's like 31" by 31" (lol yeah thats not good i no) or sometimes we play on the floor 60 by 60 or 50 etc, i've done different things.

now i recently i haven't been able to play him after realizing FAZE OUT!! so that's been kinda cheating with him and i've realized now after reading forums that necrons only pass morale checks, NOT LEADERSHIP TOO! (he still claims they do after me telling him on the phone, i'm gonna laugh in his face when i know something he doesn't in his own codex) so i know that could give me an advantage with let's say terrorfex, trophy racks, hell masks, and so on and so forth... but still i don't think that could help me sweep him clean.. maybe though it would by slaying his warriors and having him faze out ^_^ .. but still can i get some tactica that could help me sweet him clean?

i've also played imperial guard which i DEMOLISHED!! he just has troops and 3 sentinals and a lascannon, god i love ap5 on IG lol! ^_^
    not to mention ork/tau combined played with one player but at the time i was allied with the necron player and he was too easy to kill since he was really dumb... hear this funny story even though it's going off topic... in that game he was so oblivious, i deployed 3 scourges, urien and the breaking-the-rules retinue and my sybarite separately... i gave him a wwp and a shadowfield, rushed him up into the battle field with FoF and deployed it to get my raider in range and not to get shot down, and get my jetbikes there, kinda silly and stupid but i was bored and wanted to do something very different.. AFTER i deployed the wwp he was still using all his tank shots and battlesuits onto the sybarite with an agonizer :lol: he obviously thought that since it had a 2+ inv. it would do major damage to him... funny stuff...

anyways that's pretty much my situations... help me out here?? i could also use extra tactica on versing daemonhunters, space wolves, eldar, tau, orks, but most tactics on necrons pleaze!!!!

thanks

good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

You can&#39;t use 2 Necron lords in a 500 point battle 1 lord + 2 units with no upgrades is 460 points, a 500 point necron battle is 1 lord 1 or 2 pieces of wargear and 2 squads of 10 warriors. If hes using anything else hes screwing you on points.

Your army is also so far from legal its insane though. You can&#39;t have sybarites in your retinue, allowing for the fact that your fudging and having them with a haemonculus. You must have 2 troops choices. And (although I don&#39;t have the codex in front of me) aren&#39;t scourges 5-10 in a squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

I can’t really help you if you’re not following any sort of rules.
    The way you’re playing sounds like if you go buy more models you will win because you can place them all on the field. Try building an army using the rules and point values in the codex, and use a force organization chart to make it all legit. Make sure your opponent is doing the same thing. This will make sure you games are fair and you should have a chance to win more.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dark eldar, you can really change your army list around, it has too many messed up things in it.

1. Get rid of Urien and Drazhar?, especially in small games, use a drachon on bike or something... remember.. shadowfield, power weapon or agonizer..

2. 3 sybarites &#33;?&#33;? THat is very point heavy. Out. Get regular warriors. Get 10 and put them on the ground with dark lances.. excellent sniping uses. GEt 2 of those squads... its required for a real game

4. 5 bikes without anything??? Modify them, and get blasters... 2.. add them with your drachon on bike and swoop towards enemy lines.

5. get warriors off raider, put it aside, keep warriors on ground. You kinda dont need a raider.

6. GEt a ravager&#33;&#33;&#33; 3 disintegrators for 120 points. You can take out a squad of necrons with out them being back. ITs awesome, get 2 if you can lol.

7. SCourges, replace them for ravagers..

I can see a list coming through for you to beat those guys... those wins will come.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys, don&#39;t even try telling me how non-legit my army is, i already know

but you have to see, my possibilities are very limited. i could only get ahold of what was in stock at the store (hobbytown usa) and they don&#39;t regularly over de, seeing as though i&#39;m pretty sure i&#39;m the only player of them, they just had extras from a long time ago.. the price tag stickers on them were yellow :lol: see, what i&#39;m doing is buying what i can from the store, which i did, and i got a tip off of someone that their friend is trying to get rid of his old de army, selling all for half price. he had an uber army of just raiders, warriors, and wyches (lords i bet too) and he almost never looses.. but since he doesn&#39;t have haemi&#39;s, or grots, or other things so i&#39;m ordering THOSE from the store, they&#39;re ordering from gw so i can get ahold of em.. i have a talos on the way ^_^

i&#39;m surprised they haven&#39;t caught me on the sybarites and schtuff, but all well... i don&#39;t even really like them much but hey extra wounds to protect urien

i&#39;m getting so tired of them mocking me though... &#39;dark eldar suck&#39; &#39;i kick your *beep* (3 letter word)&#39; &#39;you&#39;ll never win&#39; i insist on them that they&#39;re gonna pay, once i can get actual units to work with, i mean with scourges, warriors and raider, urien and drazhar, i haven&#39;t had many choices... in fact none lol if i play a 500 point battle i&#39;m stuck with all my de.. but they shall feel the wrath of de BWAHAHAHAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try ordering from gc-minis its a great site... cheap stuff from internet. Consider ebay for cheap stuff and try using some info that we gave ya. OH, and please change the sybarites, I know you can do that, exchange it for warriors. more warriors.&#33;

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah just a lil bit ago, like an hour or two ago, i was looking on ebay.. virtually every blister for &#036;1&#33;&#33; absrudael for &#036;10&#33;&#33; ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason I bought Asdrubael was to chop him up and put him on a Reaver. Like I&#39;ve said before, I&#39;m a huge fan of customization. I&#39;m really not big on special characters, and I&#39;d only get them for one-on-one battles with other special characters.

And (although I don&#39;t have the codex in front of me) aren&#39;t scourges 5-10 in a squad?
    Page 12 of the codex says you&#39;re right, karantalsis. I&#39;d drop them anyway and get a Ravager with three dissies.

d4Rk_31d4R, I am currently working on a couple of lists for you. These will be legit and will serve you well against many general opponents. Of course, if they get more specialized (Armageddon Steel Legion, for example) the lists can be easily modified to suit the enemy. Remember, the Force Organization Chart is every player&#39;s friend and should be heeded without question. I may have a couple of concussions from banging my head against the wall by the time I&#39;m done, but you&#39;ll get your lists if I have to finish them from a hospital bed.
    You must never forget the essence of your spark
    All of that which defines you is the essence of your blood
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real&#33;
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understand about your inabiity to get DE minis in a timely fashion. Seems though you are asking for advice on how to cheat and get away with it. Not going to help there.

Check with other players in your area. I got over 100 warriors free (like I needed them) from guys in my local shops that bought the old starter sets for the rules and the marines. Used some to make a horde army and likewise passed the ones I didn&#39;t need on to another kid that had a small force to help him get started.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you figure i was asking how to cheat and get away with it :blink:
    sure i&#39;m cheating, but they don&#39;t even care i&#39;ve told them lol.. with my inability to get ahold of units, they&#39;re cutting me slack..

now can i get sum info on what i&#39;ve posted..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast