Command barge movement rules help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Command barge movement rules help

So I have a question. Jetbikes and bikes have a rule about their movement being straight or something odd for minimum distance kinda thing, however Skimmers do NOT. This question is related to gaining the 24" flat out cover save AND legal movement to use sweep attack on whatever unit he clips, etc.

Question: Can I move forward say 9" to nick the edge of a vehicle and then maybe back (or even back at an angle 4") thus moving over 12" to get the cover save. I thought there was a rule about needing to be at least 12" from where you started, but skimmers don't have that like Bikes.

Question 2: Regardless of the above, is it ok to move forward 18" and then double back even if at an angle (see example below)
    Example:
    |-\
    |--\
    |---\
    |
    |

Just wondering, my command barges proved to be amazing however I want to make sure I'm moving correctly, etc. I did honor the at least 12" from my original position because that did seem odd, but anyone else help me on these rules? I need page numbers and references, not opinions.

UPDATE: A buddy of mine was saying page 62 or something was stating final distance from beginning and end point is total travelled. So as long as you end up at least 13" from your original position you WOULD get the cover save. And he was saying it WOULD be ok to do the hook/back movement.

Last edited by Dark Trainer; November 30th, 2011 at 21:39.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    So I have a question. Jetbikes and bikes have a rule about their movement being straight or something odd for minimum distance kinda thing
    No such rule. Only that you have to end 18+ inches away. Doesn't say you have to move in a straight line.

Question: Can I move forward say 9" to nick the edge of a vehicle and then maybe back (or even back at an angle 4") thus moving over 12" to get the cover save. I thought there was a rule about needing to be at least 12" from where you started, but skimmers don't have that like Bikes.
    Yup this works. Just remember that you measure displacement for CC, not distance moved. So if you moved up 12" to tag a vehicle and then 12" back to the same spot you will get a 4+ versus shooting and get your 3 sweep attacks, but will still be auto-hit in close combat.

Question 2: Regardless of the above, is it ok to move forward 18" and then double back even if at an angle (see example below)
    Example:
    |-\
    |--\
    |---\
    |
    |
    Perfectly legal.

Just wondering, my command barges proved to be amazing however I want to make sure I'm moving correctly, etc. I did honor the at least 12" from my original position because that did seem odd, but anyone else help me on these rules? I need page numbers and references, not opinions.
    No such restrictions for fast skimmers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The straight line thing was a 4th edition rule and no longer applies. But the distance traveled thing for it does apply still. And bikes can't move through difficult terrain during turbo, jet-bikes still can.

On the second point though. BRB pg 57 specifically states that you can "combine foward and reverse movement on the same turn" so I would say it is legal to run 12" up to tag a vehicle and move 12" back.
    However BRB pg 63 states when measuring distance traveled only take into account the actual displacement between current and original positions. It is under the assaulting a vehicle section, but the spirit of the rule is there for cover saves on skimmers as well. You can technically argue it with your opponent, but don't be surprised if they pack up their models and leave.

+ Reply to Thread