Deathmarks Experiences - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathmarks Experiences

So, I have a box of Immortals/Deathmarks that I was thinking about assembling this evening. I'm leaning towards assembling them as Deathmarks, since I already have 20 Immortals. I don't see them in many lists, though, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them they could share. My most common opponents are Tyranids and Orks. They seem solid for wounding Nid MCs, and even if unsuccessful there, should provide a decent distraction, DSing behind enemy lines (basically requiring the opponent to send a unit or two back to handle them, delaying their assault on my front lines).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say build immortals and buy a couple boxes of warriors and just slap on all your spare snipers and heads if you really want them.

As for shooting tyranids MCs anything ap3 or less is better. Honestly I can't find a way to justify a unit of these guys. There are so many others that do the same job and do it better, wound on a 2+ is kinda cool but a twin linked weapons accomplish the same thing and are a little better.

I would wait for 6th edition rules to come out and see what they do with deep striking and rapid fire weapons before you invest to much time or money on these guys.

Sorry...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Build more immortals if that is all you plan on using for troops choices. Otherwise I say go for the deathmarks in order to have some fun options to use for casual games.

Other than that they are very good against MC's and they do make good distraction units. Not the most competitive choice, but Definitly a fun one.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I saw a guy use a squad of these guys with a Phaeron lord w. orb and a veil of darkness to great effect. add a nightmare shroud on a the cryptek and the target unit could take up to 3 LD tests!!! totally worth it even against LD 9 armies (1x for the NM shroud, 1x from pinning check and maybe from 25% casualties). Remeber that if a unit is forced to tk a morale check whilst falling back, they fallback automatically (i think, no rulebook with me), so if they fail the NM shroud one and they have to take a 25% casualty test, they'll fail that one automatically and thus will have to fall back 4x D6 total, which could mean a SM squad just went off the table! or maybe you just pinned them, which is fine, too!!! 3 LD tests is awesome!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a unit of 5 deathmarks and even though they devastated a squad of warriors, it was only through a lucky pinning test off one guys shot, 5 isn't enough in my opinion, iv just bought another box which I am about to make up so I can use a 10 man squad of them, I think that will hurt if used correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent tried them yet but i think that they will work best when there is mutiply squads of them allowing mutiply enemys to be wound on a 2+ by them all giving them a lot more power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of doing a 10 man squad with a phareon overlord with orb and maybee a crypteck in with thembut I'm also in need of 10 immortals for anyrka so I was thinking of buying 2 box's of immortals and 1 box of warriors and do as a person sujested. Has any 1 done this yet and how do they look?
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I used a 10 man squad yesterday, and I deep struck them in the enemys turn, they marked the command squad of a guard player and rapid fire, wiped them off the table, then they popped off a leman Russ, and then took out a lascannon heavy weapons team, they are so effective when used correctly, but as I said before, 10 men seem to be the right number.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Azula View Post
    ...then they popped off a leman Russ,
    How on earth did they manage that?
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rending my friend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast